Skip to content

Should We Funnel Links To A Redirect or T2 instead of directly to a T1?

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited December 2021 in Need Help
As in: Are web sites checking? Do they care if there are backlinks directly to your post on their site?

To be clearer: Should it be MS<-T1<--link shortener T2<---T3

or MS<--T1<---T2<---T3

Is that the idea in using a mega-big T3 and not so manyon T2? To avoid your important T1s from risking removal?

Thanks.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I prefer: MS<--Redirects<--T1<--T2<--....
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited December 2021
    Thanks, Sven!

But is it because it just looks neater to site owners, like I was wondering? Trying to understand a lot of what I see, but still can't understand WHY.

Edit: I guess maybe also competitors will have a way more difficult time trying to figure out what you're doing? Or, no?
  • sickseosickseo London,UK
    edited December 2021
    I don't think it makes a difference to site owners. If they are going to remove your content, it will be because of what you've posted on their site to get your backlink. Not because of what links you've pointed at these inner pages on their site. Maybe sites like pinterest and twitter will have some sort of monitoring in place. But most of the sites in gsa ser aren't moderated like this. Many are auto approve links from abandoned sites, whilst others simply don't know the new pages exist on their sites.

In terms of spying competitors, yes, using redirects as T1 does help mask what is really going on and will significantly reduce your anchor text ratios. These services like ahrefs only report T1 links and referring domains. You get minimal information on T2 links and zero information on T3 links. Unless you go researching each url one by one from every tier, you won't easily see what is really happenning.

For me, the reason I use them as Tier 1 is because many of these sites have decent DA so using them as T1 links will boost your sites DA which will make it much easier to rank for keywords you're chasing. You can only point them once at each url on your site to benefit from this DA increase. Repeated submissions won't increase DA further. Using them in your tiers will also have the same effect on any link it points to.

Use them as T1 and in your tiers will be best. Each link will accumulate some DA that passes through to your website. So making thousands or even millions of links across tiers will accumulate significantly more juice that passes down to your website.

In terms of boosting keyword rankings, it's more like indirect seo. The links will boost your page DA which will in turn boost your rankings for any keywords your page is optimised for. But you can't control keyword rankings beyond this, as the links have no keywords. Some have keywords in the url which helps, but this is very different to using an article link which has your keyword as anchor text.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    sickseo said:
     using redirects as T1 does help mask what is really going on and will significantly reduce your anchor text ratios.

ahhh Didn't even think of the anchors ratio...interesting,.,,

So, if i start doing some backlinks with a redirect, I guess all the other stuff I have at T1 directly will serve as noise to obfuscate even more?!
  • Yes exactly
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    Any info on which redirects have longevity?

I remember I was going to write my own in PHP and Sven showed me it's already done!!

Never implemented this, tho. Wouldn't this be the best way of knowing redirects endure?

Anyone know, seems like very super-small server load for a little redirect...

Thanks!
    Sven said:
    I prefer: MS<--Redirects<--T1<--T2<--....

what about MS<<redir<---T1<---redir<<---T2

just a waste of "link juice?"
    Or MS<---redir1<--redir2<---T1
  • Now you're getting creative lol

Best to test each one separately. Personally I don't think it even matters. As long as you have 3 tiers of do follow links, you can use these platforms in any order you like. I use them across all 3 tiers and I still see significant rank increases.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    is three tiers the magic number?!

• It's the minimum number of tiers required to see results from tiered link building.
    It's enough to make the T1 links boost your rankings.
    But it's not enough to boost your T2 and T3 links. For that you'd need more tiers. For more competitive keywords, that's one way to compete by building past 3 tiers and building 5 tiers instead.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    Thanks for the reply. I am playing around now and experimenting to see if anything will get me to have some movement in the SERPs.

I will build more tiers! :wink: