Skip to content

New to GSA SER! What to do?

edited March 2013 in Need Help
Hi guys,

Name is kinglouie. Just found out about this amazing software and it seems more awesome than XRumer. I was just blown away by it's abilities. I have some previous experience with XRumer and other link building tools (ScrapeBox, VenomSEO) so I guess the learning curve won't be big at all.

Things that I did until this momment:
- bought GSA Search Engine Ranker + GSA SEO Indexer
- ordered the Extra VPS from BermanHosting (heard good things about it... but the reviews said the support sucks) - Windows 2008 Standard + 1Gbps port upgrade

Things that I'll need to do:
- fund a captcha service account (what do you guys recommend?)
- thinking of purchasing Captcha Sniper - (do you guys recommend it or you just outsource it to a solving service to improve the success?) - also why GSA Captcha Breaker isn't compatible with SER?
- buying some private proxies (how many do you recommend?)

Thanks for helping me guys to start this amazing tool. I just need to learn the basics and obtain some links. Because I miss the days when all I was thinking was links :)

Thanks and I would really appreciate your input on this one!

- kinglouie

Comments

• davbeldavbel UK
    edited March 2013
    Captcha Breaker is the best one and it does work with SER plus it's a lot faster than Captcha Sniper - some users say it's 3 times faster.

Typically you'll need 10 proxies per 100 threads, although I'm running 20 proxies with 400 threads with very few issues.  Semi private should be OK, but if you can get private.

• Thanks davbel. Didn't knew that Captcha Breaker was GSA Captcha Breaker.

Private you mean dedicated?

Also how many simultaneously projects can I run with 30 proxies?

Thanks for your input!
  • VPS: 1Gbps isn't needed imo

Captcha: who said CB isn't compatible? of course it is and before you're buying some credits for a human captcha service i would just use that alone along with the engines that are supported with CB and SER only

Proxies: depends how many threads you want to use. 10-20 shared proxies might be enough (proxy-hub or buyproxies are most used)
  • simultaneous projects: at some point you need to schedule your projects anyway, because of memory issues. so you don't want to use all projects at same time but one batch after another with the scheduler.
  • Ouchh... it's Ozz the legend? Dude I'm reading your posts in BHW like right NOW, and I saw that you've created some mods for GSA SER. Nice skills there man.

I thought Captcha Breaker was a service, since I didn't knew the official name until now.

Let's say 100 threads with 20 shared proxies. What do you think Ozz? How many projects simultaneously will that build up?

Thanks again. I've heard about this software like 24 hours ago... and I can see the potential in here. Quite frankly... I don't know how I've found it :)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Ozz - why do you say 1GBPS is not needed? Curious! 

Surely if it's got a faster download speed the more it can get through? I just closed a VPS that had a download speed of 30mb/s and upgraded to one that is always at around 100mb/s.

• OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    it depends obv how many threads are running and what SER is doing with them, but for the majority it isn't needed as SER doesn't use that much traffic in my experience. and from my understanding its never a problem to upgrade your VPS if needed, so i advice to start always slow and built up from there.

just ask @LeeG how much traffic he uses with ~250 threads. its not "that" much IIRC.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I find that on my VPS I use about 1TB per month of data using SER. 

I noticed when I upgraded the port I had better download speed and my LPM went 3x. So maybe it's the settings I have? 
  • i think so, i have tested my up- and download speed and find out, that with 3,4 ghz dual core vps , it doesnt matter how much threats are running,
    around 5-10 mb/s is needed. not more. so the upgrade to 1 GB/s is not necessary cause the Cpu is the problem.
    otherwise the vps is able to download with 240 mb/s and upload with 70 mb/s....so much too much! ;-)
  • For only $5 a month I don't think that it will be a big problem!

How are the results of GSA with doorway pages?
  • Allright... just take it to a quick drive and I see that the option "Skip sites with more than ... outgoing links" isn't working quite well.

I see some blogs that have over 1000 comments. Any help with this guys?

THANKS
  • edited March 2013
    who told you this crazy Idea to get CS3x? ----------

CBreaker is much faster

and its easy to consume 50GByte of bandwith a day....... some guys here do much more.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

I do 300k+ submitted a day

250 threads

I use about 2tb on a bad month

Since the 27th of February, I have used: 1.18 TB

Less than 50 gig a day and Im known for being a heavy user and abuser of ser

• @thisisalex - I just saw a video from s4nt0s where we was saying the he is using Captcha Sniper (but that was before the release of Captcha Breaker)

@LeeG - what VPS do you have and how many proxies do you use and how many projects simultaneously?

I never tell anyone what company I use because I don't want the company being hit by black hatters

All the time I keep it that way, they don't ban the use of the tools there

I run 50 shared private proxies

10 projects on a 60 minute rotation

Im running a total of about 22 projects all with three to four tiers

• So you run 1 proxy for 5 threads! So if I have 30 proxies... 150 threads we'll be a good numbers?

Got some tutorials on how to make projects on rotation? That sounds dope!

I have run 250 threads on 30 proxies in the past with no slow down in submission rates

The scheduler feature is the little down arrow next to the start button

• allright man! Big Thanks for now... YOU rock...
  • hey @leeg you use secondary links projects for each tier?

I just run t1 t2 t3 and on some t4

I have a limited brain capacity and cant be doing with too much confusion at my age

Most of my verified links are wikis and article type sites

• so you dont use blog comments, image comments or trackbacks?
  • @LeeG - It's mandatory to create tiers?

How many links you have in Tier1?

Thanks