Skip to content

SER ignors submission limits

edited September 2012 in Bugs
I setup two test projects, just to test the software quicky, one with submissions only to guestbooks and the other one only trackbacks. The submission works but the program totally ignores the submission limits I set for each campain. Is it possible that once you start a campain and then stop it and change it's daily or whatever limit of submissions, that this doesn't work? I think I didn't have the limit at first when I started, I added those later but of course I choosed a limit that was above the current status.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Maybe you mean the verification counter is increasing? Thats normal as the verification is not stopping (by the way it means pause and not stop).
  • no I set a max submission nr but this one is ignored
  • same here when I import my own linklist GSA SER  ignore verfication limit . I set it to 500 verified links a day. but GSA kept building links non-stop.
  • @durjoy verified links limit gets very complex

to get 500 max  verified you probably have to submit 5000 links

when the 500 max is reached then project is not submitting anymore
    but it keeps verifying and you might find yourself actually getting more than 500
    or even alot more

if the SER was to go to EXACTLY 500 it would have to submit 1 and then wait some time to verify 1 link
    but then the proceess would be very slow and then you probably would not reach 500 ...
  • ... even when I dublicate the campain and reset the submit max value it doesn't work :-( It looks like it would submit forever if I didn't stop the campain manually.
  • @svobada: can you upload a screenshot of your project settings (double click project -> data)?
  • that last one is wrong, I played around with it today to see if I missed something and it was after 83 submissions before
  • here's another one from a project that has the same problem, I stopped it manually after 56 submitts

• one more from the overview window:

• OzzOzz
    edited September 2012
    uncheck "also analyse and post to competitors backlinks" (in 2nd sreenshot) could help. i don't know for sure, but i think that this feature does not work with filters under some circumstances.

maybe Sven can clarify this and post it to the "unofficial FAQ".
  • I'll try right now, uncheck that and set the limits just above the current status
  • no, it didn't work, I set one that was at 56 to stop for 30.000 minutes after 60 submits and unchecked that box of course and now it's at 63 submits and still submitting
  • could you please set up a fresh campaign (with 20 submission filter for example)? i just want to make sure that it has nothing to do with the "target URL cache".
    please paste some log lines with a successful submission. On that line we see how much successful submissions are done as it writes: submission successful (xx/YY submitted ...
  • Ok, so I started a fully new project and have from beginning on, that after 10 submissions it should be stopped. Although it's a fully new project, this is ignored. I'm at 37 submissions now, here are two lines with successfull submissions:

21:37:32: [+] 013/188 submission successful (37/100 submitted - AVG: 95,54/h) - ...
    21:37:42: [+] 015/188 submission successful (38/100 submitted - AVG: 97,46/h) - ...

also, "also analyse and post to competitors backlinks" is unchecked. Now am I the only one with this problem??

The log shows 37/100 ... you are sure it is set to 10 and not 100 ?

• yes I am sure, it is set to stop after 10 submissions for 10000 min

that's what the whole problem is about, the limit is being ignored
  • edited September 2012
    I also noticed when I stop and start a campain, what was before 37/100 now starts at 1/100 again - just on a side note
    edited September 2012

Are you using the demo version? If so than it is normal as it is a limitation there (fixed to 100 submissions a hour).  You get the notice like this at startup in log...

Attention! The demo version will only submit to 100 sites/hour

• I know that, this is NOT the problem!

The problem like I said before is that set limits are being totally ignored, no matter if I change the limits of an existing project or start a new one. When I set a limit it just submits nonstop.

Are others here using the limit option and does it work?
    so again, are you using a demo version yes or no?
  • edited September 2012
    yes - but I never even submitted over 100/h
  • Am I really the only one with that problem? I'd be interested if others use the limitation option with success. I tried everything possible but limits are just ignored..
  • edited September 2012
    I'm mad because other than that it seems to be a perfect program to submit sites but without that limit it doesn't make sense for me to buy it.
    It's the demo version, the setting you put into the project is ignored as it is always 100.
  • ok, so once I got a licence the projects defenitly stop at the set limit?
    yes
  • And a license is more than worth as you can see in this forum or at BHW ;)