Skip to content

Is there a way to do unanchored links only in a project?

edited March 2013 in Need Help
I have a client who needs links with no anchors? Without editing the engines, is there an easy way to do this? Thanks!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    A link has always one anchor text. Maybe you mean the anchor should also be the URL? If so use 100% for the setting to have URL/domain as anchor text.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Hmm, what happens if you put this in the Secondary URL field:

{|||||||||||||||}

will it just post the domain/URL?
  • I figured it out by editing auto_anchor.dat I could just use %url% instead of the anchor... This worked good enough for my client.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Can someone explain how it's possible/what causes a blank anchor? When I click the Test button for the project, in about 5% of cases it's blank. But my settings do not seem to cause this.
  • maybe a double "||" in your anchor field? just a guess though and i don't know if that could cause empty anchors.
  • Cool, I'll try... My client requested this because he spotted too many anchored links in his backlink profile. He believes that google does count for unanchored links and does also believe this is natural for anyone wondering why I wanted to do this.
  • ronron SERLists.com

@sven answered this the same way I would have.

It's also a positive idea to 'seed' a new moneysite with just url links for the first week to get the ball rolling. That way you can make sure you a decent amount of url links right from the start. 

• edited March 2013
    ^ my client specifically wanted raw urls (no anchors) to dilute things a bit, otherwise yeah, that's usually what I do. To do this I just edited auto_anchor.dat  and removed %anchor% so it just left the raw URL
  • @ron what kind of a project would you use to set up the blanket url links?
  • ronron SERLists.com

The actual real project. Let it run for how many days you want to make just urls. And when you want to switch it, just change your %'s to whatever distribution of anchors, generic, url, that you want. Just an idea. 

• Yep makes sense, thanks.