Do you have any recommendations?

I am running Windows Server 2008 and Microsoft Security Essentials
SER + CS3x + CB
(Dropbox)

Just a default install.

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    do you mean something like disabling windows services and such kind?

if you only running the mentioned tools on your system you don't need a virus scanner. SER is socket based and don't use any IE stuff so you are safe. so uninstalling MSE would be a start.

apart from that try to only use CB for some days and see how things develop. less CPU usage and faster submission due to faster solving time. there are no captchas that CS solves which CB can't. sure, there might be some captchas where CS has ab better solving rate, but its slower.
    instead of using CS as backup just increase your retry counter +1 to compare the results.
  • ozz...... because of all that WINDOWS virus shit, I switched to linux..... after two years linux got boring, I went to mac..... mac is boring, but shure wont go back to that.
    for me, using MS OS without a virus scanner is like using used syringes......
    just remember to not use java on mac ;-)

I still have no clue how to measure if CB first + CS3x second try canbe measured.....
    and how the retry counter should be set..
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @Ozz ... antivirus - da fällt mir nur fefe ein und sein Schlangenöl ein ;)
  • OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    da fefe das so oft erwähnt hab ich mir besagtes schlangenöl schon bestellt und reib damit meinen rechner ein. funktioniert tadellos! bei mir kommt nichts mehr durch.
  • OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    and how the retry counter should be set..

<-- that depends on what you like to archive. for Tier1 and primary links i would increase the retry counter more than for the "kitchen sink" ( :-h ron). just play with it for some weeks for long term testing and test everything from 0 to 5 retries.

my personal settings vary from 0 - 2 retries.
  • edited March 2013
    verdammt. zwischen engl. und deu zu wechseln nervt :)

wahrscheinlich gibts keine 5 fritzen hier ausser uns..
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    edited March 2013
    Why u need to tune up ?

If only used for GSA SER + CB

GSA SER and CB are both 32bt programs, so all u need is :
    Nice CPU + 4 GB RAM
    Dont waste time with anti virus as GSA SER does not download anything