Skip to content

Some Concerns I'm having with SER

edited March 2013 in Other / Mixed
I've been debating on this for a while now.  I'm not sure how many others have noticed or are starting to notice but I've been seeing this more and more as I use SER more and more.

As you all have noticed  It seems like each week.  The Engines that are proving to be effective Dwindle more and more.  And If you aren't adding your own engines or fixing them on your own.  You are more than likely spamming engines that have Literally thousand upon thousands of others spamming on as well. 

Why is this a concern? 

I had seen a email the other day.  That the BHS Hosting and other such providers like this have now added SER to their Programs.   These Versions I believe are cracked or paid for I'm not sure but either way.  And I'm sure they are Not adding their own engines or platforms.   So than You've got all these people using the same type of engines.  Spamming the same places.  Just do a simple search in google of a Footprint that SER uses and you'll see tons and tons of SER stuff..

Either way this leaves a huge Footprint so to speak for G to follow. 

So my concern is that without someone updating the engines to work.  and everyone just using the same engines over and over that pretty soon G will find and devaule that and than quickly SER will become ineffective unless you have someone Updating/Adding Engines/Platforms. 

A great example of this is Xrumer.   When it first came out  it was awesome you could literally use it rank for anything.  Than over time as more and more people got it and used it the Primary Thing of Xrumer is no longer effective. Unless you use Mods that you or others have done.   I see this same thing happening with SER.  And I'm hoping that it can be avoided. 

I'd love to hear others thoughts as I really like this tool and have spent a lot of time learning/Understanding/Reading

If you feel  I'm wrong That's great  I'd love to know why.   

Either way,  Thanks for Reading.

Rob.

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Great post. Totally agree! I think it has to be the best possible platform to work off and with the custimisations it must be even more effective. I'm sure there are many users with their own platforms coded, just reading between the lines on the forum. I think Sven should focus on his core product SER and leave the platform updates to users. This way, there will be greater diversity, and less of a footprint. Let us rather focus on this aspect and let Sven work on the core product. 

I've been thinking about this massive footprint and how we can avoid it a little, for articles, I would suggest randomising an external link or image URL or YouTube video. Thus, if everyone is using it, the number of randomisations will make it more unique. 

Also - I think that the default content should be removed. This basically, stops G being able to find the default content as a footprint and then negate these sites. If all users add their own content it leaves a lesser footprint. 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Noone is using a cracked version to ma knowledge as our software is uncracked for years. All cracks you find are fake or not working. 

And yes some platforms like guestbooks have really a lot entries who look like made by SER but thats all up to you. You can define the content you post...it's all as configurable as it can be. And if you invest more time you can even modify the scripts or write your own.

• @Sven @Ozz don't know if this will fly but i would be in for paying a monthly premium subscription of some sort to get engine/platform updates and such

i LOVE the fact that it is a one-off payment for GSA SER but to be honest, in order to stay ahead of the game, like @Hunar said, something needs to be done to prevent the effectiveness of GSA SER going in the same path as Xrumer
  • ronron SERLists.com

This is just my opinion as I think @Hunar touched on something but then shot off on a tangent...

One of the problems I see being on this board from the beginning is how everybody gets @sven to do this, do that, change this, change that., etc.

I have profound respect for @sven's willingness to listen to his users - that just doesn't happen very often.

However, having done seo for now 15 years, I have seen some just insane requests that quite simply are not needed to rank well. Every request is almost treated with the same level of urgency and respect even though many requests are just not that important in all honesty.

I am not @sven's business manager, nor do I volunteer for that. But if I had a choice on where I would like @sven to spend his time - it would be to make sure "x" number of engines on each platform worked. It's that simple.

As time slips by, login pages change as you know. It is too mighty a job to keep up with them all. But if SER is to remain a step ahead of its competitors, there has to be a certain number of engines within each platform that should be maintained to work - top priority.

A second issue I want to bring up is something I have seen with other once-great SEO software -- The developer either lacks time to keep up with it all, or sometimes loses interest.

Somehow we need a better method to keep up. It truly is too much for any one person. The one thing SENuke has going for it is crowd sourcing the updates to platforms. Yet we expect @sven to do it all, and also handle dozens if not hundreds of fairly petty requests.

A better system is needed - just to keep SER at the top. It is my intention to see SER be the absolute best SEO software for many years to come. And I would think it is in all of our interest to come up with a solution to keep it that way.

I truly mean this - SER is the best SEO software I have ever used in 15 years. It deserves more help - somehow - from all of us.

• are you saying Xrumer is not effective?
  • edited March 2013
    "As time slips by, login pages change as you know. It is too mighty a job
    to keep up with them all. But if SER is to remain a step ahead of its
    competitors, there has to be a certain number of engines within each
    platform that should be maintained to work - top priority."

@ron agreed

hence the monthly subscription

monthly subscription = more coders and @Sven can train up more coders to ever improve SER

• I'll throw my two cents worth in on this...

When I was involved before on the forum (a few months ago), there was not much going on in this area at all. If I remember right, @Ozz was doing some testing with some different platforms, and there was no real instructions on how to do it at the time.

It looks like that has come a ways since then. While coding my own platforms is something I am sure that I could do, I don't know that I would want to do it. It's a matter of where I think my time is more well spent. At this point, I think I would also be in the group that would be willing to pay a monthly fee for updates for this service (hint to someone out there that would want to piggy-back on SER).

On top of that, I am not an "exclusive" kind of guy. Some people just do not have the technical ability to even try to take this on. I think it would be somewhat appropriate for them to have access to this as well. Sure, they would have to pay for it, but they may be willing to as well.

Any of you guys that are adept at coding your own platforms...what about setting this up as a service? If you don't want to handle that end of it, let me know. While I may not want to do the coding at this point, I may be interested in working with you on setting something like this up.
  • edited March 2013
    @ron Thank you for saying exactly what I was trying to.  For some reason I have all these thoughts but them putting them into words is sometimes hard for me.   but what you said is exactly what I had ment. 

I had ment no disrespect to anyone at all.  It was just simply some thoughts and concerns I had. :)

Also,  Sorry If I went on a tangent.  I've been around for a while and seen many, many top SEO programs rise and fall dating back to PR Storm if anyone remembers that? :)    I'd  just hate to see SER suffer the same fate as those.

• @DavidA2 "I think I would also be in the group that would be willing to pay a
    monthly fee for updates for this service (hint to someone out there that
    would want to piggy-back on SER)" check out this thread -> https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/1120/who-really-want-the-web-2-0-working-properly#Item_172

@Sven @Ozz it's crazy you guys developed this monster and mad respect to you both...  HENCE, if it was up to me, should there be a monthly subscription of some sort (to get engine/platform updates and such), i would want that payment to be towards you and GSA

nothing against the 3rd party piggyback folks... i just believe in giving credit where it's due

since you guys developed the software, to me it's only fair that you guys also get the monthly subscription revenue

cause IN FACT, you guys ARE UPDATING the tool daily, if not every other day...

and a monthly subscription is one possible compensation that makes sense (imo) because you guys update the tool, answer forum posts, create guides and do all this behind the scenes work that we don't know about

some things would have to be worked out for the lifetime license folks because some will get angry if there was suddenly a monthly charge

possible solution:
    - all future sales = one time + monthly
    - all future sales = MORE EXPENSIVE one time
    - all existing customers gets a discounted monthly going forward compared to new monthly price (ubot studio did it, and we are paying)
    - ?
    - ?

my hope like others who have posted in this thread... is for GSA SER to last a

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG time

and for it to be the BEST SEO SOFTWARE for years to come because it's constantly updated and it's effective even with all the google changes that WILL HAPPEN

(i hate jumping back and forth learning new tools)
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited March 2013

I think all of us who say we don't have the ability to handle coding for a platform is sorely mistaken.

Although I have never done it, I would think after learning html, editing java script even though I don't know java, creating tables, learning css - all things most of us do every day - yes, we have the ability to learn something like this. And I bet it's not easy, but not rocket science either.

I was thinking about this earlier today:

a) People volunteer to handle a platform or two. Just assume for brevity here that they figure out the coding on these two platforms, and It is their responsibility to check every couple of days to make sure it works.

b) Those who do this function do not pay anything.

c) There is a monthly fee of something like $10 or $20 max each month to have these platforms. It is your choice to pay, or contribute and get it free.

d) To keep it somewhat honest and avoid people handing over additional platforms to one another, there are two SERS. One is basic with no monthly fee. One is enhanced with a monthly fee.

e) The fee goes to GSA. If you contribute, you don't pay - that is your benefit for maintaining a couple of platforms. And you get the enhanced version.

f) If you don't contribute, you pay for the enhanced version. Or you just get basic - the current product - at no additional cost.

g) Sven is responsible for maintaining a certain number of engines across all platforms for the basic version.

h) We all win for absolute chump change.

This was the only way I could think of doing it by using crowd sourcing as a solution.

I may be completely delusional, but something doesn't sit right with me about relying on a 3rd party. Because what if that person says to hell with it. Then we are screwed. I think somehow it needs to revolve around Sven and GSA.

Of course, Sven could outsource it and simply just charge all of us a monthly. Even do just one version, and maintain it at that high level of quality. And as you know, quality comes at a price.

Either way, it costs time and money. It's not free.

• "

d) To keep it somewhat honest and avoid people handing over
    additional platforms to one another, there are two SERS. One is basic
    with no monthly fee. One is enhanced with a monthly fee.

e) The
    fee goes to GSA. If you contribute, you don't pay - that is your benefit
    for maintaining a couple of platforms. And you get the enhanced
    version.

f) If you don't contribute, you pay for the enhanced
    version. Or you just get basic - the current product - at no additional
    cost.

g) Sven is responsible for maintaining a certain number of engines across all platforms for the basic version.

h) We all win for absolute chump change."

+1

the option for people to choose will go over well :)

good points

• Sounds like a doable format to me.
  • Couldn't agree more.  I don't like relying on a 3rd party service as well.  I'd like it to be involved with Sven and GSA.
  • @Hunar

I have the same concerns though. We asked Sven before to be responsible of maintaining current and new web2.0 platforms but I think that Sven is clearly not interested in making such a subscription based service now. That's why I hope he finishes the Platform Trainer soon so fixing & adding new sites/platforms will be much more easier and user friendly using a simple GUI like in SEnuke & Magic Submitter.

As SER is getting used by more people day after another the platform Trainer module is a must now IMO. When the Platform Trainer is done you can easily script new sites/platforms yourself. Also you will see plenty of subscription based services you can choose from which is very useful for lazy people like me : )
  • is not that sven is not interested, he doesn't have TIME, 1 man only giving great support on this forums for his 2 main softwares SER and CB with almost daily updates... and he is a human being, he need to sleep, eat, go to the bathroom, drink some beer, talk to some girls and friends, get laid or maybe he have a wife and some kids... I really don't know how @sven have the time to do what he does.

we should give a round of applause to @sven for what he is doing =D> Amazing job.
  • @rodol

I agree , Sven is doing a great job. And maybe you are right that he simply don't have time for this.

@Sven , is it that you don't have time for this ? or you don't like the idea for some reason ? I would like to know how you think of this. Also did you start working on the platform trainer or not yet ?
  • +1 @ron , keep more engines works is what I need, personally.

In fact I have kids and a wife so yes time is very limited for me. I see it like this. I give you the tool and you have the opportunity to make it whatever you want.

I could have made the script language hidden or crypted to not let competitors spy on the things I do, but I prefer to let others code for it and release there new engines. Pretty much anything in SER is configurable (see macro guide) so use it ;) So I am still hoping that a community is build where people help each other to code/update the engines e.g. Maybe this comes true after the platform trainer is released.

• @Sven if this wasn't blackhat community build could be possible. but everyone is against each other so i dont think anyone will share :D
  • i will share if i have time to code any engine with trainer, that's not a big deal, there is not a GOLD web2.0 that will rank you #1, it's all about the keyword + backlinks.
  • ronron SERLists.com

For now @JAMESE says it is coming really soon, so I want to be supportive of someone that is going through all the work.

No matter what happens, the platform trainer will be a huge deal. It will enable everyone to do their own thing.

It's not that people are against each other. It's more like some people do a lot of work, and others just have their hands out.

@ComputerEngineer way to go :(