Skip to content

What's The Best Way To Clean Out Your Verified & Submitted List

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited March 2013 in Need Help
My lists are very old and I'm sure there are many sites on there that are no longer working.

How do I clean up these lists? Like a delete and re-import? 

They cover all platforms. 

I can't use the global import as that will only place them back into the identified folder and many of my projects only use the verified and submitted list, so I need them to go back into those lists once cleaned. 

Comments

• a start would be to do an alive check with scrapebox. that won't help to get rid of the sites that don't allow posting anymore though. maybe set up a dummy project and clear your site lists before doing that.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    To do an alive check in SB I'd have to merge all lists into one and then load into SB. I suppose SER can unsort this monster list when I reimport. 

But what's best way to re-import the whole lot so it checks them again? 

If I setup a dummy project and load this massive site list it will take forever to order it surely? and even longer for it to go into the verified and submitted lists again so other projects can use those links. 
  • edited March 2013
    mmm.... SER should implement an alive checker, this could be useful, we can use this when we Stop SER and tweak projects we let run alive checker in the background.

BUT i'm not sure but if we have a dead link in the submitted or verified txt and SER try to post to that link and fail that url is removed from that list?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I don't think anything get's removed from a list once it's been added, unless you dedupe. 

• How do you export your list of URLs in a single list that you can run thru SB?
  • OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    if you want to make sure that SER is able to post to urls than you need to import them anyway. thats the burden of any large database. it takes time to get them resorted.

otherwise you can delete your list and start from point zero. i can't imagine that there is some kind of magic button.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    What if in the background when thread count is down or CPU use low it goes through the site lists and cleans them up a bit?
  • scp   - in SB you go to addons -> DupRemove->Merge Lists. Here you can merge all the folder files in one single list. Under you have dupe remove option: you can remove duplicate urls or domains.