Skip to content

GSA SER Daily Maintenance Tasks... What Are Yours?

LWDLWD
edited February 2013 in Need Help
Hello,

I have decided to start this thread as I've read thrown away on couple of threads what few of GSA SER kings @LeeGT @ron @Ozz etc are doing on a daily basis such as server restart, cleaning up cache, removing duplicate URL's so I thought it might be helpful to see what you guys are doing on a regular basis to keep everything running smoothly. :)

So someone who will read this thread thoroughly will get idea how to have smooth running GSA SER together with high links per minute (there is awesome thread for that) setting up quality campaign etc...

And of course that's just one part, maintaining all of it is even more important.

I'm checking few times a day to see if everything is running smoothly on VPS, resetting server once every few days when I see that things are slowing down, manually checking couple of backlinks almost each time when I log onto VPS just to see if everything works as it should and that's about all.

I haven't changed content posted yet and for about few good weeks already and I intend to refresh it during this weekend on most of projects, especially high volume tier links...

And I'm adding projects as soon as I develop new websites and that's about all that I do on a daily basis...

What things do you guys? I thought I've read that someone is cleaning cache? Why? Duplicate URL's from submitted/verified list etc... Do you ever delete even account data on certain project? Is there a point doing so as I thought when project A makes account it will use same account on same website as long as there is project A...?

Well that's about all for now. :)

Thank you!

Comments

• delete duplicate urls

check hotmail accounts for mails that got into spam though @ rule is there...

check daily for working, CB, CS3x and SER

reverify 2-5 days.

insert URLs I scrape with Gscraper........

checking with ahrefs......

I HATE computer restarts........ I even leave my mac mini runnig at night

I am not looking at the LPM at the moments.. thats like 12 year olds comparing their penis.

backup all before doing updates

I something goes slow, I delte the url history
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Start of every run,

Check private proxies work

Clear duplicate urls from the two site lists I use. I use submitted and verified lists and no others

Midnight

Do any updates to ser and cb

Decide which version of my edited engine files to use after the update

One is set to speed up verified lists killing and has a lot more footprints

The other has my highly top secret method of pulling in more results that people over look if they alter the engines files

Reboot vps

This just seems to make the updates works better and clear the cache memory on my vps

If submissions drop the way they had been, clear target url cache on all projects

Make any changes I want to test over the following day. This can make a late one.  3am on a bad day

From time to time, clear down the site lists. Kill the contents of the folders, then repopulate from the tools in the advanced menu

• ronron SERLists.com

Since @LeeGalready chimed in on how he keeps SER trim and functioning better, I will address things people can do that will help create better results:

1) Re-Verify Tier 1 links often.

Understand that all the link building you do on Tier 2, Tier 3 and below *depends* on whether you have valid, living, Tier 1 links. Verify them before you update SER, which is almost every day. It doesn't take long.

All tiers flow up to your Tier 1, and then your moneysite. If your Tier 1 links are either dead or removed, you have lost all links underneath that are pointing to it - they are worthless.  

Many of us have asked @sven to automate this, including me. But think about it...you can only re-verify links if those projects are inactive . So we must do it ourselves - not Sven.

2) Determine which engines make links.

@LeeG got me going on this, and now I can't stop. There are 16 Platforms (Blogs, Article Directories, Social Networks, etc.)

Within each platform there are multiple engines. Engines power the websites you post to. They are not equal:

• Some engines generate far more links than others and are automation friendly :)
    • Some engines have a larger market share of websites than others
    • Some engines use recaptcha - so only human captcha solving works
    • Some engines change their login page regularly - so you won't be able to signup

Take a look at all of your submitted links, and all of your verified links. Understand which engines generate zero links or just a few links, and uncheck them. You are wasting valuable resources scraping targets that will never give you a link.

3) Set verification on Tiers 2, 3, 4, etc. to a large number

I have Tier1 on 'Automatic 1440'. I have tiers 2,3 4... on 'Custom 5000'. You don't want SER spending too much time each day verifying links, especially lower tiers. It takes away from link building.

Hope that helps...

• I just can leave blog comments ticket off... alhtough they just give approx 1% re-verified/verified..
  • I don't get how you guys are updating/restarting GSA on a daily basis without messing up the status of all your projects.  I've noticed that when I stop and update/restart GSA any projects that were pausing for a cetain amount of time are no longer paused, so when GSA fires back up it starts submitting links again to those projects, even if some of them just went on pause right before restart.  It makes me not want to ever close or restart GSA.
  • edited March 2013
    If I do have to stop SER I wait until all submissions for the day have been reached. Then I stop it, update or do whatever maintenance I need to do and then I leave it until the following day before I restart it. Before restarting I always check again for updates to CB & SER. I only have a relatively small amount of submissions and the total job only takes a few hours to complete.
  • Brilliant thread... and very helpful :)
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

I normally stop and reboot my vps at midnight

But, at present thats been causing a lot of problems

SER goes into mass verification mode and then hangs towards the end on importing site lists

Trust me, I have tried everything to try and stop the hangs

Then you need to stop ser via the resource monitor and it will run the rest of the day without any problems

At present my LpM is showing 14.3, in the last 40 minutes since restart, I have done over 12k submissions

What I might try doing the next time is just stopping and restarting without the reboot

• How do you verify links?

1: Stop project
    2: Verify all links
    3: Start project (verify only)

?

Does this remove the dead links, or do I have to do this?

How do I find what engines I should not bother with etc?
  • @greenwillow everything you ask is answered everywhere, read the forum
  • I got it.

Thought it would be OK to ask how something is done when it relates to the topic.
  • @ron "

1) Re-Verify Tier 1 links often.

Understand that all the link building you do on Tier 2, Tier 3 and below *depends*
    on whether you have valid, living, Tier 1 links. Verify them before you
    update SER, which is almost every day. It doesn't take long.

All tiers flow up to your Tier 1, and then your moneysite. If your Tier 1 links are either dead or removed, you have lost all links underneath that are pointing to it - they are worthless.  

Many of us have asked @sven
    to automate this, including me. But think about it...you can only
    re-verify links if those projects are inactive . So we must do it
    ourselves - not Sven.

"

i think this can be done with the new option ->

options > when to verify > "also re-verify existing backlinks"

and enable for all T1 (i would think it's just as important to enable it for all contextual tiers except for the last)
  • I do that for tiers, but not secondary links.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited March 2013

You can do it with the new option that @sven has provided.

I really wouldn't recommend using it on anything other than T1 properties. Every new gizmo you have SER do, it will slow down linkbuilding.

You can easily do all other projects together, with one click of the mouse, whenever you want.

• Hello @ron: where's that new option you mention that sven has provided?

Are you talking about what @skyf mentions in his post above?:
    options > when to verify > "also re-verify existing backlinks"

I don't see that option eather.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I don't automatically re-verify within the project settings - so yes, what you said.
  • Even with the "@" email rule lots of emails end up in junk anyway. If you want to go to the trouble you can also add subject rules:

welcome
    confirm
    verify
    account
    username
    password

...and have all of these sent to inbox as well. This covers almost all the subject lines we get in confirmation emails.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @theorbital - what about the rules that @gsarver added? That could be neat for your email tool..