Skip to content

Huge performance hit when you enable Death By Captcha

edited February 2013 in Need Help
I started a new campaign yesterday and started it without any kind of  external captcha service, just using CB. In less than 24hr i had something like 3,100 successful submissions. Then today i thought i would refill my DBC account and turned it on. All of a sudden i noticed a huge performance decrease by at least 40%. Wow, that like horrible. I just turned it off again and everything is buzzing at full speed.

Anyone notice a major performance hit when using a captcha service in addition to CB?

Comments

• LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Average captcha solve time by cb > 0.5 seconds

Average DBC solve time > make a brew, have a kip and its done

Anything that can slow submissions is avoided if done right

Paid captchas slow submissions

• Depending on the time of day, they seem to be having huge performance issues of late.  I think it has something to do with holidays in Pakistan where most of their workers are based. 

It has improved, but it isn't on a par with what it used to be
  • Not sure if its DBC or CSA + CB. Its been struggling alone as of late, noticed huge amounts of slow postings now for weeks.
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    Average solving time 1 minute ago: 11 sec 
    do the math and you know the answer why posting with CB only is that much faster.
  • No, you do the math. I already know the answer.
  • then why you are wondering?
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Because he was finding things to do while captchas are being solved by paid services :D

Lets hope GG dont try doing the same :O

• ronron SERLists.com

You boys crack me up :)

The best thing to do if you want to use a paid captcha service is to break out that project from the mainstream. Your other projects will continue to run fast.

Besides, you must be targeting something very specific and worthwhile to justify using paid captcha. So it should be for something that generates less links anyway. Otherwise you will go broke.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Yes, PR4+ pages - good for secondary service. :-)