Skip to content

Setting up Web 2.0 blogs wrongly?

edited February 2013 in Need Help
I've set a new campaign that only includes web 2.0 blogs in GSA. I've set up everything and only managed to get 3 verified out of the long list. Clearly I'm doing something wrong here. I've filled up all forms and have disabled the Search engines to scrape sites. This is what I don't understand. Shouldn't the software, by default, automatically disable this? Why would it scrape web 2.0s when each site has a specific structure?

Could someone point me to the right direction?

Comments

• There are a lot of reasons why you only got 3 verified:

1. Settings on PR choice
    2. Pause settings
    3. Not choosing to scrape and only use certain folders URLs - i.e - Identified folder Verified folder, etc
    etc, etc, etc

If you disable search engines to scrape, how are getting links to post your web 2.0s on? SER needs to either scrape search engines, analyze competitors or use your custom imported lists.

If you're new to SER, I would recommend starting off a tier 2 or tier 3 campaign to test settings and get a feel for the campaign configurations and software.

I would start on this thread - https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/2324/helpful-advice-if-new-to-gsa-ser#Item_7

Follow those links and you'll learn a lot quickly :)
  • edited February 2013
    I believe you've misunderstood me in regards of disabling the search engines to scrape sites. I'm talking about web 2.0s here  (eg; Opera, Posterous, etc). Why would GSA scrape these platforms when each site requires a specific script to register and post? (Or the bigger question is, why is such an option available in the first place?) I've got no pauses nor any PR filters on, so I'm quite confused to why I only got 3 verified links out of the long list.

• Read the forum...  web 2.0 are very complex, sven need to recode all the non workings web 2.0 maybe every week?
    there is one user working on a tool to provide updated scripts for the web 2.0 platform, you can join the waiting list here, serengines.com