Skip to content

How to make project only build contextual links?

edited February 2013 in Need Help
I am trying to make my T1 strictly contextual links but I seem to keep getting profiles in there. 

My platforms are article, social network, web 2.0, I did right click from the start over the platforms to click "uncheck engines that do not build contextual links".

Not quite sure why still many of my links are profiles and such, they seem to be stemming from the social network platform, but I also thought the social network platform was a good spot to post actual articles as well. 

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    check "post to sites where its clearly seen as SPAM" to post articles on wikis where most of your profiles were created, i guess.
  • Hi, please check out this thread - https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/2252/how-to-avoid-profile-link-created-wikisocial-network#Item_7

Right now the Social Network is posting to profile links and occasionally making real posts. If you want it to post more real posts and so many profile links, I would suggest giving that thread I mentioned a +1.
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    a "+1" is not needed i think as i suppose that Sven is fully aware of that. but i believe its not that easy to implement as everybody thinks because lots of scripts have to be rewritten along with a new command in the scripts.

just give him time to do his things as there are tons of really great feature requests like this (email-exchanger, platform trainer to name a few) and everybody has his favourites. just let him decide what needs to be done next. i'm sure a feature like this will come some day.
    to force somebody isn't motivating at all imo.
  • Not trying to "force somebody" to move along. It's rare to find a SEO program that:

1. works as well as SER does
    2. updated as regularly as SER is
    3. actively managed by the actual creator

that being said, the last thing I want to do is come across as unappreciative of the work Sven does and "force somebody" to do something.

The reason I suggested a +1 is because it's typical for people who agree with something to also say "hey, I might find that feature useful". I"m sure there's a queue of requests so I was only suggesting to add a vote for that change.
  • Ozz, a little nervous about checking that option on my T1, is this something you are regularly doing with no ill effect? 
  • i don't use wikis for T1 so its up to you.
  • its on his todo list..
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - not sure if this would help at all....but what if you had a list of to do's/feature requests that you were considering and allowed us to vote on them. (Similar to what Jamese had for the platforms requested) 

This way...
    1) Everyone can see that's its on the list so it doesn't get asked for multiple times.
    2) It can get voted so people can see what is the most important to the largest number of users.

Also will give people a glimpse of what's coming to SER which is exciting stuff!