Skip to content

Can GSA-SER still verify emails created before a change in project email once the e-mail is changed?

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited September 2017 in Need Help
(In other words, if I have an e-mail, or set of e-mails, associated with a project, and then I change the e-mail)

Obviously, for accounts that have already been verified via e-mail, this isn't an issue, as that step has been completed already.

But what about any e-mails that I receive after I make the change, that were generated by GSA-SER PRIOR to that, when I had the old e-mail(s) associated with the project? 

(I'm guessing it's totally OK, since GSA-SER allows multiple e-mails of no set number to begin with, and only one of them is ever assigned to each account that's attempting to be created.)

Anyone that knows, please clarify. Thanks in advance! : )

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    if you remove email accounts from a project and SER tries to verify previous submissions by email, it will not be able to login to the account and check the email of course. So all those verifications might get removed from your project as SER is not able to verify it at all.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    OK, Sven. Thank you, again.

So before changing e-mails, I should give some time to let the verification e-mails arrive, no?

Then,  change the status on projects with e-mails I want to change e-mails on to ACTIVE VE (Verify E-mails only) so it goes through the list and I don't end up with more submissions using those e-mails I'm changing?

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    i would do it like this...
    1. edit project and uncheck each email account you don't want to use
    2. import new accounts
    3. let project run normally for a while
    4. set project to verify emails only and let it run once every email was checked
    5. delete the unchecked accounts.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    OK, cool. I'll give this process a try once I have some private proxies in place. : )

I need to do that ASAP.

There's no reason to destroy any more good e-mails with identified public proxies, on such sites where the IPs are noted as "b0ts". The content was good, too. :( lol