Skip to content

Request to update the script manual with the latest variables used in the current engine scripts

13»

Comments

• Hi Sven, thanks for your answer.
    is it possible to retry with a different proxy once the the "submit failed retry" condition meets, I am currently writing a custom engine for checking metrics from Majetics, I am using public proxies for this project, when a proxy is burning out, the "submit failed retry" condition meets, is it possible to switch to a new fresh proxy to continue the submission?
    Please advise, thanks.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    that is happening by default
  • Hi Sven, how to fill those fields with names that are dynamically generated by Ajax, and change everytime you access the page?, e.g.
    -------
    <div id="register__6e4cc017924405c049eb050724e6d990671ca229_container" class="required text form-group"><label for="register__6e4cc017924405c049eb050724e6d990671ca229">Last name <span class="requiredmarker">*</span></label><input type="text" class="form-control required text" id="register__6e4cc017924405c049eb050724e6d990671ca229" name="_6e4cc017924405c049eb050724e6d990671ca229" tabindex="0" value=""></div>
    -----------
    Please advise.
    *last*name*=...
     ^You simply use the label or visual caption before the input field.
  • sashiloversashilover China
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Another question, I am writing a custom engine, how to force the my engine use naked url as the anchor text no matter how do I set in the project?
    Is there any variable to overwrite it?
    Please advise.
    [article]
    html to custom link format=1
    custom link format=<a href="%url%">%url%</a>

• Thanks again, I am facing the situation where the password is required to set in the verification page after the registration is successful, I tried to fill the form in the [Login_step1], but since the [Login_step] use the last page that [REGISTER_STEP] generated instead of the "email verification" generated, I can't make it work because they are the different URLs, for instance:
    -----------
    The last URL of [REGISTER_STEP*] is: http://www.xxx.com/register.php
    The URL of "email verification" is: http://www.xxx.com/register.php?ver=abcdefg
    This is the URL where I can set the password and submit the form...
    ----------
    My question is how to make [Login_step1] to use the last URL of "email verification"?
    I am stuck because of this.. please advise, thanks in advance.

you would use "verify by=extractemail" in register step which would just extract data from the email instead of loading the url and forgetting it. Just search for that in existing engines to get a clue. In Setup section you have to specify what to extract from the email.
  • Hi Sven, how to save a variable value which is extracted in the [step2], then use it in the "verify url" filed, for example:

-------
    ;=== UserID, extracted from the resulting page
    [User_ID]
    type=extract
    front1=name="userid"
    front2=value="
    back="
    default=

[STEP1]
    verify by=url
    verify url=%targethost%/%user_id%

[STEP2]
    form id=xxx
    form name=xxx
    -------

It seems there is no way I can extract the %user_id% from the resulting page after submission, SER try to extract the %user_id% in the page for [step1]...
    How can tell SER to extract %user_id% from the submission resulting page?
    Please advise, thanks.

simply use "url=..." in the [user_id] field.
  • Hi, Sven, Anchor with naked url for specific engine doesn't seem to work..
    ---
    [Article]
    type=memo
    allow html=1
    must be filled=1
    html line break=1
    html line break format=<br>
    hint=The full article comes here.
    auto modify=0
    html to custom link format=1
    custom link format=<a href="%url%">%url%</a>
    custom mode=1