Skip to content

Filtering URLs based on keywords

edited February 2013 in Need Help
I was trying to laser target posts to specific URLs based upon keyword content. I input the keywords into the domain/url filter in format like "!keyword1 !keyword2 !keyword3" figuring it would work similar to the TLD filtering but I see it's filtering out all sorts of URls that include one or more of those keywords.

Is there an easy way to set it to only consider URLs that have a keyword present? This is important as even though the filter by keyword on page does help it still can end up with situations where those keywords are simply navigation items and the content of the page has no relevance to those keywords.

Any help would be great, thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    If you enter them all in one line it means that all keywords have to be present. Not sure if you want this.
  • For example, my keyword is "blue widgets" and I want to filter out anything that does not contain either "blue" or "widgets" in the URL. If add them in as !blue and !widgets in separate entries this will work?

It seems to me that this might just cancel each other out, like domain.com/blue-lorem-ipsum would get filtered out because it doesn't contain "widgets". Is this the case?

Any chance of adding "keyword must be in URL" option similar to "keyword must be on page"?

Partied a little too hard last night, hope this makes sense :)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you can as well use !*blue*widgets*
  • edited February 2013
    So I just tried adding this to the URL filter as on one line:

!*blue*widgets*

Watching the log I see it is filtering out domains like "domain.com/best-widgets-ever"
  • I just want the domain to be filtered out if it contains none of the keywords. So if it contains "blue" OR "widgets" it should stay. How can I do that?
  • i don't know if spinning is working for this, but you could try
    !*{blue|widget}*
  • in 1 line use !keyword1 
    Second line !keyword2
    third line !keyword3"
  • Thanks, brain is fried..