Skip to content

SER Command Line Option To Stop Threads?

edited February 2013 in Need Help
Sven, is there a command line option to stop SER?

When mine takes up a majority of memory and is on the edge of crashing my SER gui goes completely white out and I can't press any buttons.

It's clearly working still in the background but is out of control at this stage as I can't stop it.

Is there any hidden commands I can issue via command line to tell it to stop all processing shutting off processing neatly?

Thanks
NR
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Use the taks manager to kill it?
  • But if you kill it that way you often lose your stats for the day :P
    No, you just lose the last 5 minutes.
  • oh right.. ok that will work for me then !
  • oh didn't know you lose 5 min if you kill with task.
  • @Sven, I just killed my task and it had 42K submitted on it and now reset to 1100 so I am not so sure about that being correct.

Does this also mean I have lost all the submitted and verified for that day also?

Is there any way to boost the buttons priority of the GUI so that you can still press buttons to stop when memory is low?
  • Yeah you deff lose more than 5 mins.  I've had 50k submitted  than had to task manager quit SER and I went back down to 5k submitted.
    Well it's 5 minutes thats all I can say. anyway I would rather want to see why your project is not stopping :/
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    i think that only the counter in the status bar was resetted. check your numbers with
    right click project(s) -> show urls -> submitted

i'm sure your numbers are correct in that stat. the 'reset' happened to me yesterday, but the 'show urls' stat was showing all submissions.
    normally i stop all projects before updating, but yesterday i did a "hard" update and the stat were gone.
    Ahh thats true, on a abnormal program restart that counter in status bar is not saved.
  • Sven, my gui flashes and vanishes. It's when my memory is up over 750mb as shown when the gui is visible and the virtual memory is over 1000mb at the time that this happens. I can't do anything when this happens as it's not at all responsive and it often shows the (not responding) message in the top bar although I know it is still working as CB is going through the captchas as normal.

Ozz, I would love to right click but when the gui disappears like this you can't do anything at all. On rare occasions the interface appears and then disappears again.

Sven if you want to see this bizzareness in action I can send you my VPS details for a peek when it happens.
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    do you use the scheduler? sounds to me that you should do that and/or lower your threads for a while and see if thats working better.

also 1 GB virtual memory sounds like a lot to me. are you running an old, unpatched CS X2 version?
  • Hi Ozz

I am using scheduler and CB not CS. It climbs up there after about 6 hours usually on average.
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    thats odd imo.
    the virtual memory stays stable for me so its worth investigating what tool is eating up all that memory. i would install the RamMap tool and/or Process Explorer and monitor this for the while that your system running stable. maybe you see what process causing the issue and eating up all your virtual memory.
    but i'm no expert for this by any means.

or Sven can take a look at your machine to figure out what wrong??

• Handles  NPM(K)    PM(K)      WS(K) VM(M)   CPU(s)     Id ProcessName          
    -------  ------    -----      ----- -----   ------     -- -----------          
    2015       256           743672  730592  1343 ...89.16   4264 Search_Engine_Ranker

It's up to 1343 VM now

• Ok Ozz

I will get those tools and install them now and see what is going on.
  • Got those tools... my SER is frozen so I am going to have to kill it. :P
  • ronron SERLists.com

It sounds to me like the specs for your system do not have enough RAM and CPU to run GSA+CB properly.

Just from my experience, you need at least 3 MB of RAM to have enough room. CPU capability varies between processors so that is a learn-as-you-go deal.

You can run CPU's at 99% pretty consistently without issues, but you cannot run on 99% RAM - you need more room to run properly.