Skip to content

Not Collecting Keywords

BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
edited February 2013 in Need Help
I have both of the boxes under Keyword selected and I've been running a campaign for 4 days with only a couple of keywords.  I made sure and selected numerous platforms that will scrape keywords, but none have been harvested and added to my list. This campaign has over 7k verified links so I know it's running well, but not keywords are being added.

Anything I can do to force GSA to harvest keywords for use to find more sites?

Comments

• if you click on tool to the right site of keywoard, you don't see new keywoards in the window?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Keywords are not automatically added to your project. They are used for searching only but not to submit to sites where e.g. keywords/tags can be entered for a article.

If you want to add them for that, you need to do that manually as @d3ad said.

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    @d3ad @sven Yes I see them when I click "Tool".  They're unchecked.  Do I need to check them in order for them to be used?
  • Yup, select them to be used in the project.
    I guess I should have clarified. If I do not select them, will they be used?
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    as sven said. the keywords you see when clicking the tools button are only used for searching. when you like to add them to your project you need to do it manually. the keywords in your project will not be used only for searching, but also as "Tags" in certain engines for example or as anchor text if you've opted in for that option. 

Edit: they need to be checked ;)<-- i should've understand the context of your question first, before answering
    Thanks @Ozz that's strange that they're not even used for searching unless selected.  Seems that they should be used for searching, otherwise why spend the time collecting them if you have to manually do something else with them after that?
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    i don't use that options, but aren't they selected by default and get only unchecked when you've answered the pop-up "use keywords for search" with NO ??! 

IIRC than you get asked that question if you are closing the keyword-tool or not??