Skip to content

{Help} Looking for Help in Making Changes of existing / New engines

edited February 2013 in Need Help
Hi !

I read how to add or modify engines. But i found after making changes we need to update setup.

Now i did 2 things.

1. I made changes in existing engines. but i dont know how it ll run.
2. I added new engine. here i have same problem how to run it.
3. If i created new engine i dont know how and where it ll come on left panel ( directory ) of software ( Where we select engines for software ).
4. as GSA get weekly updates. I'm worried if i ll update what will happen to changes which i made ( Updating no-working engines / adding new engines )

thanks
vin

Comments

• rename the script to something different from "example.ini" to "example#.ini" and your script won't be overwritten when upadated. uncheck the original engine in your project and activate your modified engine.
    but keep in mind that no improvements or fixes will done until you modify your scripts by hand again.
  • OZZ thanks can u also help me with other questions.
  • what other questions? its not really clear to me what you've been asking for apart from "do not update modified engines"
  • 2) He is asking  If he added a new platform to SER  how does he get it to show up in the left side bar along with all the Platforms?  Or would this just automatically show up as a new platform is added?

• OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    should be automatic if everything is done right. maybe restart SER to make sure.

if its not showing up than upload the script to get further help.