Skip to content

First run with SER demo=FAIL

edited February 2013 in Need Help
I must have messed up somewhere in setting this thing up.  I left my office yesterday and gave it a whirl to try my first project.  This morning I check and only 5 submitted, 0 verified. 

Not sure what went wrong, I have a VPS, although I did leave the window up on my local comp when i left not sure if that can have any affect on the SER, got 10 dedicated private proxies to start, for my keyword list it was only 38 keywords long, for captcha I am running CB. 

I am noticing in CB that it is saying that most of the captchas were "skipped by settings" in red.  And it looks like CB only attempted to try and solve around 30-40 captchas anyway, so idk if SER crashed or what could of happened.

What could I have missed in setting up the project to see such crap results?

Comments

• please upload a log file

right click log window -> log to file

let it run for an hour or so.
  • where exactly do i right click to log to file?
  • the log is where all the messages appear. right click that window.
  • on the log screen?
  • in CB or SER lol sorry I am just not finding the area of where to do this at, pretty much brand new to this software....so bear with haha
  • oh i found it, in SER

• i clicked log to file and nothing happened, i had it set to save to desktop, does it take time for this to run?

another thing is im still running the demo and every few minutes the pop up comes asking to buy or register that seems to stop any projects from running until i click ok, not sure if this will mess with logging this info
  • its all over your face =) its the bigger box in SER
  • just buy it IMO so you don't have to ask if the popup disables something ;)

however, when you right click the log again and uncheck 'log to file' the file should be on your desktop. i think the only limitations with the trial are the popups and that it only submit to xxx/sites per hour.
  • yea probably gonna purchase today or tomorrow, just wanted to make sure i could make it work before buying though as i read there was no refund
  • for some reason nothing is saving to my desktop when i uncheck log again

• does this only work when you check log to file with a project that is running? i stopped mine for now then tried to log to file
  • ok i have a log now, tried to copy/paste into here and its to long
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    omg. of course it needs to run. 
    if everything is stopped -> nothing will happen -> nothing to log

i'm not so sure if this tool will be too complex for you. you need to consider that you have to figure out by your own by time and not everytime will someone be near aside you and hold your hand.
    learn the basics of SEO first, do some stuff with your own hands (register and post to Web20s, post blog comments, ...) and come back if you feel that you can take the next step and be ready for automated tools.
  • Ive actually been doing seo for years, but never ventured to far into automated tools.  I have 35 paying clients for SEO, i need to automate some of this, my VA's in the Philippines were no longer working out. 

sorry to upset you ozz, just trying to figure out how to use this tool best, if my questions bother you then please just don't bother answering them anymore, no need to tell me to go learn the basics.....

I had a site that was dominating some tough financial niches for years until the onslaught of G penalties last year and I did EVERYTHING by hand for years, and i can no longer do that! hence why i am here.

So while yes i am complete newb to GSA SER I am by no means so a newb to SEO in general
  • your right this tool is complex but i can see the power and value behind it, sorry for asking questions on how to best use this thing.  my first whirl at it is not giving me much to work with though. im sure there was a point in time where you didn't know everything you do now. 
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    sorry, i don't wanted to upset you either ;)
    my impression was that you were somewhat overcharged with SEO or its tools in general and i was wrong with the further one. my bad :(

i promise that i will ignore you from now on :D
  • Didn't mean to offend you by saying to ignore me or anything, but felt a little I guess belittled by your response above.  I respect what you have to say as you seem to be a vet of this program and I see you posting in many other threads and I DO appreciate the help you have given or tried to give me thus far, I honestly do, part of why I love internet marketing so much is the sense of community.

hope we didn't get off on a bad footing.....
  • my intention was to safe you from buying a tool that might overcharge you and doesn't help you at all.
  • edited February 2013
    @darthbis Spend some time reading on this forum and playing with SER. There's a wealth of great tips on this forum. I've been using this app for almost a year now and it wasn't till I started hanging out here that my submissions went into hyper drive.

It seems like every day a thread like this pops up. Read some of them.
  • i appreciate that ozz, as i have not bought the tool yet for that precise reason.  that being said i am a stubborn person who dosent give up easily and am hell bent on getting this thing to work right. if i can i will save a lot of money by not having to hire VA's again.

Indy yea so far since I joined this forum 3 days ago I have spent basically all day since reading here trying to familiarize myself with the tool and lingo of the tool.

As mentioned above i have been doing seo for years but never donned a hat quite this black before so its almost like a whole new learning curve.
  • A real easy way to get going is to scrape your own targets and feed them into your project(s). There's a tool to extract footprints from SER.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ca7er18azzlw67
  • @indylinks, so you scrape the link using scrapebox then load it to GSA SER...??? or what tool are you using to scrape?
  • gonna check that out when I get in the office indy, someone showed me yesterday how to use GSA to scrape a list of target urls based on your keyword. 

• edited February 2013
    @darman82 Yes, have SB running 24/7 to find new targets. I have some projects in SER that are using the internal search, others I'm feeding lists to, others are using global site lists. My site lists are in the millions.
  • lol you have lists of millions?  man i have quite a bit to learn haha, something to look forward to

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @darthbis - send me a PM. I have an idea.