Skip to content

REGISTER step

edited February 2013 in Need Help
So I have a question on how GSA works in the register step. 

In this example I'm using the Article engine 

[REGISTER_STEP1]
find link=Register
find url=*/wp-login.php?action=register|*?action=register
alternative url=/wp-login.php?action=register

When GSA goes to sign up it signs up to:
site.c0m/wp-login.php?action=register

but what if the site is structured like this:
site.c0m/directory/wp-login.php?action=register

How does GSA handle registering this way? 

I'm just a little confused and would like someone to chime in if they could.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited February 2013
    PM @Ozz he will know
  • no need to discuss such things in private. everybody should be profiting from the answers i give. and i'm glad i can give an answer to this as my knowledge about scripting is very limited compared to the master himself.

find link=Register
    <-- this is basically the button or link text of "what you actually see a homepage with your eyes"

find url=*/wp-login.php?action=register|*?action=register
    <-- this is where the button is linked to and the url you see when you mouse hover the button. the "*" is a wildcard and is mostly the root domain like in your first example. but it doesn't matter at all what text is in front of "wp-login.php?action=register" or "*?action=register" because of the wildcard.

to my knowledge "*?action=register" should work on all sites so the "/wp-login.php" isn't needed at all, but doesn't hurt also.

alternative url=/wp-login.php?action=register
    <-- if SER doesn't find some of the mentioned above lines on this site it force to try "hxxp://rootdomain.tld/wp-login.php?action=register" in case the registration is hidden on the homepage for example. either it finds a registration site or SER will give up to register to this site when it can't open a page with this link
  • Thanks Ozz. 

Still kind of fuzzy on my question tho. 

I understand it the way you explained in your reply but right now GSA is failing to sign up on sites that are structured like this:

"hxxp://somesite.com/wordpress/wp-login.php?action=register" 

Because you'll see that wordpress isn't installed in the root folder. 

So I was wondering how GSA knows to go to that folder to sign up?
  • root folder or not isn't an issue if the "?action=register" is somewhere in the html code.

if its not registering to the site than the issue must been somewhere else.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Ozz was right on all ... nothing to add :)
  • edited February 2013
    Thanks gentlemen. I think the issue is that some sites don't have the ?action=register in the code and you have to manually browse to it.
  • if you post some examples then the script could be improved.