Skip to content

GSA SER freezes, crushes and eats up all dedi CPU

2»

Comments

• I don't have any limits set, so probably that isn't the issue
  • i have the same issue on sceduler with indexer not running
    after some hours when SER used 1 Gb it stops, threads go down to zero und SER dies for working untill it gets restarted, even thou my VPS has 3 Gb SER stopps after 1 Gb has been used

most of the time i must nuke SER over task manager to restart it cause it does not react anymore
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Three hours and its still running

LPM is a bit off though. Thats showing 54LpM. And Im pushing 250 LpM

15k per hour at the moment, give or take 2k

Yesterday it was about every six hours it went Pete Tong

Fingers crossed, I might have found a quick fix

Fail

But I did manage to send a bug report when it kicked in

Hopefully, it will help Sven find a cure

• I dunno if this matters at all.  But I uninstalled SEO indexer and everything is running normal again.  LPM is normal and hasn't crashed yet.
  • Don't think it matters, as I'm not using SEO Indexer.

Not just stopped it, but totally killed it

Worth a try

• If youre referring to a black screen instead where SER used to run and you have to kill the process.. then try this:

DISABLE UCENTER ENGINE UNDER ARTICLES

i found my rig to freeze when this new engine was added, so i ran a project with only this one enabled and it crashed.. finally i now removed it from any other project and no more problems
  • @squirrelhunter - I think that might be it!  "DISABLE UCENTER ENGINE UNDER ARTICLES"

I just went in to look at my articles settings, and for whatever reason NONE of the article directories were selected EXCEPT for UCenter.  I know didn't do that.

I reset it to include all article directory except for UCenter, and so far, so good!  It looks like I can even run it in normal mode (i.e. not forced to run in scheduler mode).

It's only been about 5 minutes, but it *seems* like things are back to normal.  That would be awesome! Fingers crossed, and Thank You!   :D

Just tried the Hunar fix.

LpM meter came back to life.

Then the hang returned. Luckily another send bug report window popped up, so another bug report sent to Sven

• @LeeG try killing the Blogtronix engine, that one always gives me problems

Neither Ucenter or Blogtronix are being used

It flys along then bang. It hangs.

Luckily Sven will have an inbox full of my error reports

Be nice to get this one cured

Hunar is my hero

Rebooted the vps after the last crash and killing seo indexer and it been running smooth for four hours

• ronron SERLists.com
    It's a great product but it might need its own vps when you start doing big volume.
  • I've got this runnin on 3 dedi's and 4 VPS's :)   IT was happening across all 3 dedi's until I uninstalled SEO indexer.  Than I got the black screen thing.   So than I disabled the two engines mentioned above.  been running fine since. ;)

@lee Glad I could actually help you.  Instead of the other way around. :)
  • Ok so mine was not the worst case;)

I did not change anything in my setups, but it seems like v5.09 cured these problems?
    Fingers crossed, it runs more less normal since last nite, 500-600 threads.
    How it is for you folks?
  • so you guys are saying to uninstall indexer from the machine, and VOILA no more hickups?

(i mean even when Indexer wasnt started at all?)

• ... btw, whats the max memory usage you guys get with Indexer uninstalled?
  • i have the same issue on sceduler with indexer not running
    after some hours when SER used 1 Gb it stops, threads go down to zero und SER dies for working untill it gets restarted, even thou my VPS has 3 Gb SER stopps after 1 Gb has been used

most of the time i must nuke SER over task manager to restart it cause it does not react anymore

same symptoms over here!

• Within like the past week or so, I've noticed that my SER keeps on crashing quite a bit.

I get this box in windows, where it says the program has stopped working, and then I can choose to either continue using it, or stop using it or something like that.

I wonder what might be causing this? I haven't done any major changes to any of my projects.

Memory usage is around 800Mb (I have 4G available) and CPU usage seems to be within normal ranges.

I can still keep on using SER though, this is just a minor annoyance.
  • Just to be clearer, here's what happens to me pretty often nowadays:

And then... If I choose to close this or continue, I get this:
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    why not sending the bugreport?