Skip to content

Newb VPS Question

edited February 2013 in Need Help
Hey all, new to these parts and to GSA.  Been browsing around here for days now learning all I can, got most of my ducks in order to start using GSA. 

I bought VPS through the poweruphosting deal you can through GSA, I now have my VPS up and running on my comp, but I am not sure the steps to properly get GSA up and running to it, as I have never used a VPS before. 

Right now I have the trial version running on my comp, not sure if I have to uninstall it there or something.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    a VPS is like your own PC, just with the difference that you control it per remote.

this is what you have to do.
    - download SER with your browser at your VPS and install it
    - enter your licence key and you are good to go

you can leave your trial at your home pc and even enter the licence also, but you have to make sure that only one version at time of SER is running. this means when you feel to configure your projects at your home PC than stop and close SER at your VPS before you start it on your home PC.

also do you a favour and buy some proxies. as you should start slow in the beginning to get a good understanding of the software just buy 10 shared proxies of proxy hub or buyproxies (or some other) and start with up to 30-50 threads in SER before you increase the thread count and numbers of proxies accordingly.
  • Thanks Ozz

So far I have 10 private proxies from proxy-hub, VPS, ACW (should I download this to VPS too).

I plan on obviously purchasing GSA and putting that on VPS, for captchas the GSA CB seems to be the best one to get, I assume I should download that to VPS as well, and I plan on getting GSA SEO Indexder, which I assume should also be put on VPS. 

I want to pick up the KeywordMapPro that was recommended on the tutorial videos here in the forum as well. 

Then I just have to master how to set all these tiers up properly.  But I wanted to get all of the proper programs/software to correctly and efficiently use GSA to its full potential.
  • i would install ACW and KMP on your home machine. you can easily upload files to your VPS with copy/paste to add them to SER. KMP isn't needed in the beginning imo and you are doing fine with googles keyword tool for the start. 

the indexer is quit powerful so you need to make sure to limit its threads so it won't slow down your VPS. if you are indexing too many links try different settings in the indexer like only dofollow or deep linking or not using all projects for indexing.
  • another newb VPS question, if i close out my VPS will the GSA keep running?
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Yes it will @darthbis.  That's the beauty of a VPS.  When you shut down your local machine, your VPS is still working.
  • should i download the GSA CB to my VPS as well?
  • You dont close out your VPS, you close the REMOTE WINDOWS
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    of course you have to download and install CB on your VPS as well.

all your tools that have to run 24/7 need to be installed on your VPS. all tools that you are using from time to time and where you are able to export files to the VPS can be installed on your home PC.
  • ok great thanks for all the help guys
  • just downloaded CB, is there any videos someone on here about how to set up CB to work with GSA?  All kinds of settings and stuff not sure what to put them at
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    there is no real documentian yet apart from this forum.

but to make CB work with SER its basically plug&play. there are no real options you need to define in CB.
    just make sure everything in SER is set up correctly
    a) Options -> Captchas -> 1st service -> CB
    b) Project options -> options tab -> ask all service to fill captchas

some general tip for starters:
    left and right click every possible field and window in SER to see what options are available
    <-- when you see a box, dropdown menu, tab or underlined field than click it
  • I have all options unchecked exept "only try to solve if success rate is at least 2%".
    Works fine for me.
  • This may be a stupid question but do i have to have CB open to have GSA interact with it
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    well, you can't walk while you are sleeping. at least most of us can't do that ;)

and yes, the question get more stupid, haha.

just one tip: just try out for yourself and ask later with such basic questions instead the other way around. 
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Too funny Ozz. I think what @darthbis was getting at was does SER open CB automatically. I think darthbis knows the answer now :)  
  • how do i export files to my VPS? i am using ACW and just created a template to use, but its saved on my main comp, not sure how to get it into my VPS as i cant just drag and drop it in there. 
  • yea ron lol so i just leave both open i guess when im running SER
  • as i said already. copy/paste. right click file -> copy -> right click desktop VPS -> paste