Skip to content

Text captcha found and skipped??

Despite having enabled "ask all users to fill captchas" why some of them are getting skipped?

18:17:17: [-] 06/11 text captcha found and skipped (g-recaptcha-response)
18:16:35: [-] 0405/1000 text captcha found and skipped (captcha)
18:20:34: [-] 932/997 text captcha found and skipped (CaptchaTV2)
18:23:53: [-] 0596/1079 text captcha found and skipped (humanverify[input])

Comments

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    This is actually part of the debug information I have passed on to @Sven It's the weekend so i'm hoping by early next week he will have a chance to look through all the information I have sent him.

Lots of these "text captcha found and skipped" messages are false as many sites I open do not even have a text captcha anywhere on the page. So it's some type of bug i'm thinking. Looks to me SER is looking at the input form name and thinking it's a text captcha.

Will have to wait to see what Sven finds out. There's lots of information I have sent him, and have lots more to send him yet.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    actually it's not a bug here. In the brackets you see the form var name which shoul dbe filled before submission id done. To me it looks like a captcha input field, though maybe image captcha though like that recaptcha one).
    When I see those in the log, SER is totally skipping the sites and not even trying to register. When I open the sites up, most do not even have a text captcha field but an actual image captcha. So why SER would be skipping them I have no idea.
  • i did not open the sites manually in the browser.... now will try to open the sites when the error appears in the log.... I get these errors many times in the log. seems we are missing some sites where submission could have been done.  Are other users also seeing these type of messages in their logs?
    @andrzejek I 100% agree.
    edited April 2016
    Here are 2 examples of SER skipping saying there is a text captcha.

16:31:41: [-] 0011/1163 text captcha found and skipped (CaptchaTV2)

07:22:08: [+] 187/994 matches engine PunBB - http://www.elektrozone.org/forums/post2657.html
    07:22:08: [+] 187/994 new URL - http://www.elektrozone.org/forums/register.php
    07:22:08: [-] 187/994 text captcha found and skipped (pun_stop_bots_answer)

a quick fix for this "CaptchaTV2" is...
    add CaptchaTV2=%leave% to generic_fields.daz file...thats whats coming in next update.
    edited April 2016
    It looks to me that's the field name for the image captcha? Why do you want to ignore it?
    there are two input fields. One is for your captcha input, the other is a invisible one. If you fill that it's tagging you as bot.
    Should SER not be ignoring Hidden fields anyways?
    it's not hidden by type but by style-css
    edited April 2016
    Ahhh A new stop bot technique used on some sites. Interesting. Will see if I can find more stuff like this to send over to you.

Have you found many different ones like this already?
    yea some engines use such things, just not that clever added to it though.