Skip to content

What can cause drop in threads

edited February 2013 in Need Help
My max threads is set to 230.  However, most of the time SER only runs at around 10-20 threads. Occasionally however it will pick up the pace and run at the full 230, and make submissions like crazy.   Then, within a few minutes it'll dip back down to a low thread count, again 10-20.  This really sucks and I need to know how to fix it, so any expert help would be greatly appreciated. Please help

Comments

• I have noted when it does its searching it goes down to just a few threads, when posting it can be somewhere between full treads, and when verifying it goes full threads.. this i noted with 2 tier1's running
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Maybe it has exhausted your proxies and is waiting till the timer is up.  How many proxies are you using, what is your search seconds?
  • edited February 2013
    I'm not using any proxies.  I set my 'custom time to wait b/w searches' to 1, if that's what you mean by 'search seconds'.
  • Squirrel got it 100% correct.  When searching it will slow down,  because the program doesn't have anything to do.   Based on the time between searches that you had set.   If you want it to run at full threads all the time gotta use a combination of search with global site list.
  • edited February 2013
    How do I use a combination of search with global site list?
  • edited February 2013
    Why would it run out of things to do? It has infinite keywords to search from so it wouldn't run out.
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    how many SEs you are using? Query time of 1 without proxies sounds like trouble to me ^^
    scan your log if you got many "000/000 [Page END] results on  SE XXX". if thats the case your IP is most propably temp banned by SEs and SER has no links to post to.

as you don't know how to activate site lists it sounds to me that you are a beginner with SER. please start things slow and get a good understanding of the software first if thats the case instead of bombing right away.
  • I am using 156 engines (all the english ones). I can lower my time to wait to 5 or 10. I really want to optimize my SER yes I am a beginner however I have been using the program for 2-3 months and am looking to make it run more efficiently. How do I make it use more threads?
  • edited February 2013
    So I'm using Global Site Lists and private proxies now and am running at full threads. Yay! But now my submissions have dropped off substantially and I'm submitting at a much lower rate. I'm getting really frustrated with SER and my inability to use it powerfully. Just very strange that when threads increase my submissions would drop. May be the speed of these private proxies....
  • Man,  You seriously gotta read the forums some.  There are tons and tons of tips on here that will tell you exactly why that issue is happening to you.   My Advice Follow all the posts that Lee,  Ozz, Ron, Globalgoogler have posted. 

Sure you might have to read a little bit but you'll deff learn SER 10-20x faster than you would asking questions. 

To answer your question why the submissions have prolly gone down is you didn't let your Global site list build up a big enough list.   Now you can either fix this by harvesting your own URL's   through Options -> Advanced -> Tools -> Search Online for URL's and input the Footprints.   Or you can do it with Scrapebox.   Or you can just simply let SER search on it's yes it will take time but within a week or two you should have a very decent size list more so if you are running multiple tiers.