Skip to content

Randomize link location

BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
edited February 2013 in Feature Requests
Would it be possible to create a 'contextual' link where the keyword is replaced if it is found in the article.

For example, my article could be.

Dogs are great! Everyone loves dogs. If you don't love dogs, you might like cats.

Wherever the word 'dogs' is found, GSA would randomly select one of the those locations and drop the link instead of at the bottom.
Tagged:

Comments

• if you have "dogs" in your anchor text, that's exactly how it works. try it in the test window
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Thanks d3ad, didn't realize that.  Going to test it now...

Thanks @d3ad worked like a charm!
  • You're welcome ;-)
  • When was this implemented because it was NOT like that before. I even did a feature request and DID NOT realized that it was implemented.
  • this is how GSA works? wow didn't know this.... but let see if i understood this clearly... if i insert a plain article with no macro or links on it... and i post to some SN platforms gsa will replace a random Keyword that match with my anchor and put my url link on it?
  • Wow, me neither.  Will have to give it a try...
  • I really have to try this because it was NOT like this before. There is a long discussion thread about "anchor_text" and "random_anchor_text" that is related to this issue.

@d3ad This is NOT what you are talking about. Right ?
  • don't know what discussion you mean. i know there is a thread about random "authority" link placement. but this is not what was asked for here.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Wouldn't it be neat if we could specify a list of external URL's (like authority sites) and set the number of links (like 2) and the keywords (with a .txt file) and it would randomly find the keywords, and link out to the authority sites we provide. This way the article looks super natural and has a better link profile than if it just links to out site. 

Similar to what you're saying here, but have the choice to set a different set of URL's to use in creating links...
    @GlobalGoogler I would LOVE that to be implemented. I do that with a lot of my link building outside of GSA.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Brandon - totally agree! It's such a pain to manually create the macros and hard code them into 100 different articles! 
  • as with anything else perfection is hard to achieved
  • So this is not implemented?
    I thought it is, tried but without success.
    I am sick of this footprint my backlink allways on the end of the article + that part after my backlink where it adds check out more at http://www.non linkable website .com text

Any other way i can use a macro or something that i will not need to manually insert it in my articles? because i allready have built 50 articles in my GSA spinned them allready, it would be impossible to add the macro now. I just want to add my anchor and link incontent completely randomly every time
  • you can edit your script engines with notepad++ easily.

in notepad++:
    --> Search --> Find in Files... --> {If you are you looking for|Here's|{If you want to|To|If you're ready to} {see|check out|find|find out|learn|read}|Here is|For} {more|more info|more information} {about|on|in regards to|regarding} <a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a> {check out|stop by|visit|review|take a look at|have a look at|look at|look into} %url_domain%%url_path%

--> Replace with your own spin text --> Replace in Files --> Save all

to check if everything worked fine click 'Find in Files' again and search for 'auto add anchor url content='.
    all modified engines should be listed with your own spin text.
    @GlobalGoogler you might want to create a new thread in the requests section with this request.
  • Ozz, will i need to manually reedit all platforms that uses article submissions? I need it to edit one platform at a time?
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    this is a 'for-all-affected-engines' solution but needs to be done again from time to time because your files will be overwritten whenever Sven has changed something in the script with an update.

if you don't want to get your files overwritten than you need to rename the ini-files and choose them in your projects accordingly, but than you have the problem that no fixes for the engines will be updated as well.
  • So acutally i must rename and reedit one platform at a time (there will be like 25-35 edits) that is too much not worth it. But maybe it can be a feature request?
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    ??

i showed you a 6-click-solution with notepad++ for all affected engines and you are saying its too much effort? c'mon ...

monitor the version history after each update and if there were made changes to some engines, then do this again. this isn't too much effort imo, espeacially when you feels its necessary for you.
  • edited February 2013
    No Ozz, i actually was asking how can i edit them. Useing notepad++ with the 6 click is the perfect solution, i didnt thought about it. Thank you, that is what i was asking, how can i edit them easily or if there is allready an option in gsa, i was just asking.
    I though i need to edit them with windows notepad one by one.

Yes i allways read the version update log, that is my favourite button
    8->