Skip to content

AskMeBot questions

edited January 2013 in Feature Requests
1) To properly gauge whether AMB is (when the time comes) providing proper ROI to my SER it would be helpful to know which and how many of my verified URLs were produced with AMB's help. Will this be possible?

2) Anyone know what the pricing will look like?

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I think $5 per month for 1 PC and $10 for more than one. 
  • That sounds like a pretty decent price. Wonder if a lifetime license is a possibility.

Its been awhile since I looked; is there any category of platforms that predominate with this type of "captcha"?
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Askmebot.com emailed about their launch...anyone using it yet?
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

No idea on success rate, but it integrates well and don't slow down submission rates

Decent price as well

• I placed an order as soon as I read the email. But I have yet to receive a confirmation email with the implementation details. Sent an email to support. First day hiccups I'm guessing.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited March 2013

Just saw this and jumped in. Didn't know it was live. Got my API in one minute.

I guess I'll have to watch the logs to see if it is working??

• One minute? Someone there hates me.
  • I just got there mail and do the 5 day trial.... home can I meassure something?
  • for which engines do we need it?
  • I was hoping to learn the same thing. Now any and all such engines can be hit with renewed vigor.

In the meantime its 4+ hours and no confirmation email; multiple support emails unanswered. Nice start.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I think they only gave you one email field with no confirm. It crossed my mind when I was doing that to make sure I didn't screw up the email address. 
  • i am not on the waggon ATM! ;-) but looking forward to hear, what benefit it will bring to me! ,_)
    hope to hear from @LeeG and @ron !?

There is no real way of tracking how you do

But, for the cost of it, its a decent investment

I remember reading on here that some pligg sites are now using both captcha and a text based answer

Some forums also use text captchas

If they include some kind of stats program in the future, it would be nice

• edited March 2013
    Ask me bot its working...i get the api...10 dollars a month....
  • just ask them ;-)

Hi ,

We are working on stats for our members sections. I have manually pulled yours from the database:

Questions Received: 1388
    Questions Answered: 598

New Questions Received: 76

The remaining are usually non-english questions or junk text which aren't a questions. Example:

• Ok, finally got my API key. Now its time to consider the question of which platforms generate text captchas.
  • Some questions are only going to be answered by people who are involved in either the community or special project... But for the most part this looks very useful for vbulletin (vblogs)
  • textcaptchas are used on all sorts of CMS and the bigger forum platforms like Wordpress, Drupal, Ning, vBulletin, ....
  • my small-count tests show forums use them.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited March 2013

Someone told me that even if you check "Use first captcha service only" that AskMeBot will still work.

Can somebody confirm this for me?

The reason I ask: I have the configuration in Options as CB/DBC/AMB. I want to be able to not trigger the paid captcha when using it.

Thanks! 

• ron,, how many approx a day does AMB answer to you?

for me its approx 2% of what CB does..... just did a test, 12k CB, 4K CS3x and 0,3K AMB...
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @ron, yes it is using askmebot always
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    Paid, registered, confirmed, nothing received

Hoping i can use it one day

• royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    thisisalex

Sorry to go off topic here but i notice you mentioned : 12k CB, 4K CS3x and 0,3K AMB

Can u tel me what order u have set it in GSA SER
    Is it :
    1 CB
    2 CS3
    3 AMB

if the above like that do use a secondary service in CB ?

Thanks

• order is right,
    what about CB, do u use a second service there ?

Why would anyone in their right mind use csx when it takes three times as long as cb to crack a captcha?

Even as second option, its still a massive waste of valuable spamming time

• Sometimes you do stuff that isnt right just because you love watching numbers grow ;-)

Let us know when you learn Alex :D
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @sven Thank you.