Skip to content

ProxyScraper is now a Mozscape / Majestic Scanner as well

Comments

• Sven,
    0) import info/warning popup works great! thank you
    1) Retry at end works great. thank you
    2) same as Retry
    3) same as Retry. Thank you
    4) just ignore or simply add when mouseover column same as "MozRank:" - "Majestic:". It good futureproof if you add ahrefs or other SEO checking API.

Interesting note: played with URL metrics for day and notice that if you add sites for checking when Proxy Scraper worked for several hours usually you stuck with URL metric checker: no data, tons of "proxy seems down", "no valid init reply (500 internal server error).
    But if you restart proxy scraper and try again URL Metrics then at start you'll get full data from majestic and moz in several minutes (for not large list 20-60 sites) but then again stuck. With this trick i did 300 sites (divided to 6 x 50 sites list) in less then hour. But if i leave 300 sites in URL metric for hours in most cases it will not finish.

Anyway thank you for great update Sven.
  • Hello,
    I'm trying to use the Metric Scanner. Lots of problems with it.The scraper in the beginning worked fine for about 2 hrs. and then hasn't worked right since.It stops working,won't scrape proxies and when it test proxies that's all it does is test and when it finishes there's no proxies out of 30,000. Still stopped. The automatic proxy search is enabled. I've loaded it with proxies from SB and the Metric scanner starts working again but the error box pops up and must close application. I need help!!! I just read this last comment. I have a million urls to clean.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    A restart doesn'T help?
  • I'm currently trying the trial version of the Proxy Scraper to decide wether I should go for a Majestic Platinum subscription or wether Proxy Scraper can handle bulk checking by itself. Everything seems to be going ok, except the Trustflow URL data doesn't get picked up (which is most important for me).

Is this a limitation in the trial version or is there some kind of bug ATM?
    Yes it's a 5 day trial. However TF is something which is delivered together with the other data and should be available all the time once MOZ replied.
  • Hmm, it's definitely not picking it up. Every other metric is working fine, but the URL TF column remains empty. Log doesn't show anything either and neither does the exported .txt file.  :(

Oh wait, are you sure that this URL has been crawled by MOZ at all? Usually there is just data for domain/subdomain.
  • edited March 2016
    TF is a Majestic metric, but yes, 100% sure. It's happening with thousands of URLs and both the Majestic Chrome extension and their direct database show the stats.  

I think something might have changed in how Majestic handles TF URL retreivals.

Edit: Besides, the TF URL column should say ''0" like it does with the root/subdomain TF/CF stats when not crawled/no equity. 
    ok found the issue now and will fix it on next update
  • edited March 2016
    Thanks, I'll make sure to grab a full copy then. :)

Seems to be a way better alternative than PRJacker (which seems buggy as hell lately). Sure, it's double the price, but with the reputation of Sven you're guaranteed lifetime updates / quick bug fixes and have the added proxy scraping (even with PRJacker you'll need proxies anyway) and / SE parser benefits. 

I know you don't like it, but you should promote this future a bit more, Sven. I was pleasently suprised about the speed and number of metrics that can be checked.
    It's as always a marketing issue, we have very little time for this.
  • edited March 2016
    I have tested it and it doesn't show the majestic TF for the url - it shows the CF but not the TF
    again, I will fix it in next update. I haven't released that yet.
  • @Sven not sure if others are seeing this, but when I run 1.61 it doesn't return any Majestic metrics, but when I revert to 1.60 it does...
    hmm working for me. Did you choose any Majestic data in settings?
  • It's set to pull back domain and page TF & CF
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    @Sven open it up to affiliates to promote. Yes, you need to hand away more of the money but more will come in and there's no work needed on your part.
    @spunko2010 we have an affiliate system ;) let me know if you want to sign up and I send the link in pm.
    @Sven I don't do this type of affiliate promotion any more but lots of people do, is it a private scheme? Maybe make it publicly available.
  • @spunko2010

I don't think he wants it public--most people already know about SER.
    the problem with public affiliates is that they don't really care about it. If I give the link to sign up to anyone then I hope he really puts some effort into it.
    Yeah, I understand that, but I still think maybe something like a link in the footer to a page saying something like "We have a private affiliate scheme, tell me about your ideas of how to promote the software" or something. As it stands now, it looks like there isn't one at all. Just my 2 cents anyway :)
  • I never managed to get stats for majestic URL as well, I purchased this tool September 2015, and till now I never got any data.
    Anonymous how many proxies do you usually have here?
  • 2000 proxies, we discussed that via PM in past, it's just not working that's all and as you see am not the only one with this problem.
  • url metrics scanner in trial version not work ?
    it should work but recently it seems a lot proxies are blocked on the providers.
  • hi Sven, v1.65 wont work for me now. I have add some domain but it only scrape PR data only.
    should I reinstall it?

Besides, could you add the function to check the domain availability?  and some web 2.0 availability? such as tumblr
    well it's a proxy scraper  in first place...I don'T know what you mean with web 2.0 availability
  • I think he means he wants to scrape for available web 2.0 properties that have expired like the scrapebox addons.