Skip to content

My IP is listed at StopForumSpam Dot COM And So Is Yours. Go Check it! Thanks GSA!

2»

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Sven has responded....

"So hard words...well the only way your IP can be sent to them is using no proxies, none anonymous proxies or wrong proxy settings."

I think you should first go check your proxy providers...and if you've used public proxies, you really can't blame GSA SER. 

So if you still have an issue and can:
    1) Assure you haven't used public proxies
    2) You have used good private proxies
    3) Have you always had correct GSA SER proxy settings?

IF so, then ask Sven. But I'd guess that excludes most here. 
  • I too was shocked to see my IP on the list.  I now use these urls to check to be sure im protected.  Anyone using public proxies that are not socks really are at risk its not just SER.
    I have finally realized that using public proxies - no matter what - is not good.  Paying 10$ a month for private proxies is so much more worth the bull of my IP may get shown.  How much did everyone pay for this software, with captcha, with article software, with spinner, with maybe SB or GSA indexer.
    Then paying 10$ to have real private proxies is worth it.  I even picked the 20$ for 10 because i want them dedicated to me so i can not blame anyone else for the proxy getting banned.

Load up a public or even private proxy then open up these ips in your tabs each time and you can know if your ips are good.  But really I too was using public proxies before, and the time spent finding testing and then them dying within minutes. It IS NOT worth using them.  Really!

These 2 show if your IP is exposed
    http://www.proxyblind.org/anonymous-proxy-server.shtml
    http://yourrealip.com/my-ip-address-html/

These 2 do not show if your Ip is being exposed - but i just like what they output :)
    http://whatismyipaddress.com/proxy-check
    http://whatismyipaddress.com/

• edited January 2013
    I hate these sorts of websites..... negative seo them i might one day............

Also shouldnt this kind of thing be illegal publicly declaring people as spammers?

Also maybe its not a good idea making a "backlink" to stopforumspam........ its giving them a free backlink when there the enemy :O
  • edited February 2013
    @content32 The links shown on this forum are not direct links but use http://anonym.to/

Something else is going on about our VPS IPs being leaked.  I had changed proxy service to BuyProxies and when i check each proxy they do not show my VPS ip like previous proxy service did.  BUT BUT BUT, something is leaking the VPS IP because my VPS IP was tagged just today at SFS. I have a ticket into BuyProxies.  Not sure how the vps ip is getting shown.  Maybe there is a setting that needs to be changed in the server OS?  Win2008 server v2 64bit if anyone knows.

I read that hidemyass uses a IP bind where if there are any drops it will not allow the program to work until the proxy ip is stable.  Not sure if we can tweak something in the vps?
  • What is the best practice when your IP is in the stop spam forums? I'm on a VPS and I see the IP in has been listed several times - however never with any email address associated with me. How does this effect me? What actions should I take?
  • A vps is a computer shared between several persons, so if just one of these person don't use private proxies the IP of the vps will be leaked. Correct me if i'm wrong.
  • @regularfoot & @sawa73

those are the case for shared proxies or semi-private proxies.

if you have a private proxy and you see that your IP is listed with emails that you have never used then request form your provider a "clean proxy" and if you don;t provide a clean one it is time to switch proxy provider.
  • Thanks, @stooedninjas - so if I'm understanding you correctly.  It doesn't matter if the VPS' ip add is listed as long as my individual proxy's are not, is that correct?
  • 1) VPS IPs - the problem with this is that once your VPS IP is blacklisted it "might" be reported to your provider. If your provider is an "SEO Provider" then they might just ignore it but some provider's TOS has anti-spam usage and those provider will terminate your account on their discretion.

2) Proxy IPs - the problem with this is that some sites uses SFS blacklisted site list to approved or reject your user registration.
  • ronron SERLists.com

Back in the old days (1 -2 years ago, lol), everyone spammed their moneysites directly with scrapebox. Now I know that isn't the same as forums, but I'm sure all our IP's were on all sorts of spam lists - and nothing happened.

So I wouldn't lose sleep over it unless there were hundreds or thousands of such occurrences. Nobody is going to shut you down for a small trickle of blacklists. Hell, I could be manually dropping links and get on a blacklist. It the frequency of the offenses, and I really think it has to be a very large number. So I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

I honestly think there is a hiccup once in a great while with the proxies. I honestly don't believe it has anything to do with SER.

If you're doing VPS, you have to be with people that are cool with SEO and the all the different software. If they're not, then that is your problem because that situation is avoidable.

• @Mikie46 - Blaming Sven? For serious? He designed an incredible tool that is making a lot of people a ridiculous amount of money, be grateful to be apart of it. If I requested a feature today, he would have it up and running in a couple days if he felt it benefited the community. That's what he is about, you act like he is personally attacking you. Learn how to use this "Tool" correctly, or go WH if you don't accept the probable consequences of BH when you slip up and don't pay attention.