Skip to content

Search online Site list and Urls.. what is the difference?

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Hi all

1. Someone can explain me what is the difference about Search online Site list and Search online  Urls.. ?

2. how to use the options in the box (engines, etc.) ?

3. identified / unknown: do I have to save the unknown??

4. why some site like a directory for example is recognized as  identified and others directory  as unknown?? 
what does it mean?
that the directory is not available?

5. finally: Do we have to search for urls and site list, before use SER? or the Program search for new urls automatically? 

thanks!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1. site lists are websites that list all kinds of URLs. Like this one: http://pastebin.com/9scQYvhj

2. what options and what box?

3. you don't have to save it...just in case you think that this can be new targets where you want to code your own engines to. ;)

4. Yes thats probably not a supported platform or modified in a way that it is not recognized.

5. The program does this on it's own.

• 1. site lists are websites that list all kinds of URLs. Like this one: http://pastebin.com/9scQYvhj
    ok.. but if I try to import this list I get only 10% of verified links >is it correct?

2. what options and what box?
    >Option>settings>Advanced>Tools>Search online for urls
    * use engine filter??
    *Save to custom file

3. .... new targets where you want to code your own engines to. 
    Sorry.. I don't understand...

5. The program does this on it's own.
    ok, but why the program doesn't find all the list of Php Directories (a lot) to post to???
    and if The program does this on it's own, why there is this funtion? what is the utility???

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1. import that list? Well works for me...most of the sites on that are mediawikis

2. use engine filter will only identify the selected engines, rest will move to unknown

save to custom file is doing that...not saving the identified sites to the site lists

3. forget it...was just a suggestion but i see you might not be the right person wanting to do that.

5. it speeds things up if you have e.g. your own footprints that the program doesnt use to locate sites. you might have other sources.

• edited January 2013
    1. import that list? Well works for me...most of the sites on that are mediawikis

Please correct me if I'm wrong
    >options>settings>tools>import urls> right?

I get 393 urls identified 
    all the others 1614: unknown
  • i got 602 working and 1405 disabled/dead sites (= unknown).
    disable proxies for identifying to get better results. especially if you are using public proxies.
  • ok... thanks a lot!
  • Damn you guys! Every time I scrape pastebin it's like going on a crack binge... I just can't stop, been at it for hours today.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    @Indylinks, what are you using to find good lists in pastebin?  I've tried things like site:pastebin joomla list but there aren't much in terms of lists.  There are a lot of MediaWiki lists, but I have enough of those already :)