Skip to content

Keep GSA for scraping or buy scrapebox ?

edited January 2013 in Need Help
hello, i use gsa to scrape urls, but it's slow, when i use public proxies harvested with gsa, it's more slow.

i don't have scrapebox, is it more fast? should i buy it?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Whatever you call slow here might only be your definition.
  • maybe just use proxies for posting and leave SE query time unchecked. 
    public proxies are a pain to post with but are even more painfull to search with.
  • hello Sven and Ozz
    i ask about "Search Online for Urls" module not about projects. I just want comparison between GSA and ScrapeBox about scraping performance. maybe they are same maybe not. i don't know, any idea ?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    GSA uses more SE's...
  • edited January 2013
    i start scraping in 20h10min.
    i use "General Blogs" footprints, i only select Google US.
    i got 107 identified sites, 29 Unknowned sites after 15min, then GSA stop scraping and displays the following message : "waiting for free search engine slot...".
    now it's 22h20 and gsa display the same message "waiting for free search engine slot..."

why gsa display this message?

nb: Google SE work perfectly with firefox and ie then my ip is not banned.

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    To me there is no comparison.  If you just want to scrape you need SB.  GSA does a lot of things well, but nothing beats SB in terms of pure numbers.

I'm usually scraping with SB then importing to GSA.
  • "waiting for free search engine slot..." got the same issue after 22 identified links. it takes forever until it scrapes again. maybe more proxies?
    im not running campaigns at the same time.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    more proxies and a lower time setting between searches usually.  For private proxies I usually run 10-15 seconds.