Skip to content

Please Give Option For GSA to select URLS in Order Instead Of Random @sven

edited January 2013 in Feature Requests
I keep getting all my urls block in blog comments. It's not the IPs or the content. I'm not sure what the magic number is to getting banned but my urls are getting banned because GSA keeps submitting a random url multiple times.

I know it's a url ban because I add about 10K unique urls in 1 project, after a couple of hours and 3000 or so submissions I start getting a large amount of unknown submissions about 30% success. However, when I clear those 10K urls and add 10K new unique urls the success rate goes back up to 90% IMMEDIATELY with the same IPS and same content. So it has to be the urls  are getting submitted more than once. 

If Im adding like 10K unique urls and it starts getting blocked at 3000 submissions, obviously gsa is not posting links to all of them, just a few "lucky" ones.

I think there are many benefits for this, including being able to even out your links through your sites.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    sorry but this is not possible any time soon as it would require the program to track where a submission was successful for what url and move on to the next one. That sounds easy for you but technical it means a lot overhead on memory usage and processing time instead of choosing a random url from the list.
  • Ok I understand that. 

But it does not have to track if submission was successful or not. I don't care if some sites are skipped, my problem is GSA is submitting the same url over and over and getting it blocked.

Just make it go down the list, even if some sites are submitted and unsuccessful it should just go to the next site. This would solve the getting banned problem. 

• +10 for this. I have the same problem, I asked santos about it in the WSO long time ago. There is no need to track successful submissions/verified. Just make it go in the URLs order. ( 1 then 2 then 3 ...etc , never mind which one is successfully and which one is not )
  • Yea, I would really like this fixed, so I don't have to update the urls everyday, instead just leaving it running with GSA doing it in order. 
    next version has this added (just coded it in).
  • I don;t know how you it Sven.

How many programmers working on SER ? Just curious......
    just me ;)
  • Thanks a lot. This helps alot!