Skip to content

"Use verified URLs" link distribution? How?

edited January 2013 in Need Help
I have a situation, guess it's quite common.

I build links to a verified links from a project (tiered / pyramid). Besides that, I also add external tier-1 links that I build manually or through other software.

Now the questions are:

1) Will SER distribute links to the upper tiers automatically? Or will the old links get more backlinks because SER keeps building links evenly each day to the growing list of URLs? (If so, won't the latter batch of links get less backlinks?)

2) What's your best practice in setting "Pause the project after __ verifications" if I want to drip links slowly to my tier 1 with the above setup?

Say I manually add 10 tier-1 links each day, what should I put inside the option if I want like 20 links per tier-1 link?

- If I put 200, then all the links will get 20 links in a day.
- If I put 20, then all tier-1 links get 2 links per day (run for 10 days).

Now, the next day, I'll add another 10 links manually. Should I delete the first 10 links, or after 10 days if I use option 2 (20 tier-2 links per day)?

Will SER automatically distribute total number of links built to upper tier evenly across old and newly added links? Or should I manage them manually?

How do you handle this situation?

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    On a different note, you know you can import your manual links into the project. Just include them as a target url list and when SER sees the link it will add it to verified for you. Gives you a better feel. 

Also - remember the difference between verified and submitted. Verified is a little random. It might submit 2000 links today to get your 5/10 verified links, but tomorrow another 1900 get verified. So today you get 10 verified, and tomorrow you get 1900 verified...just a heads up...can be erratic. 
  • @GlobalGoogler I'm kind of lost in what you said. With importing target url list, do you mean sites you want to post to, or verified links from previous tier?

When I said I add links to existing project, I mean "verified links" that I build manually from other software or through upper tier in SER.

I let SER find sites to submit to.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    You mentioned manually creating links outside of GSA. I was just suggesting you might as well get GSA to recognise these...hence the "on a different note" - was just a neat tip for you. 
  • @GlobalGoogler Ok, thanks. I was using ScrapeBox to check links. This will save a step.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited January 2013

@audioguy - I think you are trying to hard to 'even things up' with your linkbuilding. But if you wanted to do that, yes, you could remove those url's and relace them. I wouldn't do that. I would duplicate that project, put in your new url's, and pause the first project. And keep repeating that process until all projects were roughly equal, then turn on all projects as active. I don't see the point, but that is how I would do it.

I would not use 'pause the project after 'x' verifications. You should use instead 'pause after 'x' submitted per day'. You could have 100 threads going, and GSA might build 100 links in one minute, and then get around to verifying later in the day. And pretend you wanted only 5 links, and you now have a heart attack :) because there are 100. Use submit x per day.  

• @ron thanks. My concern is if I run the project for 2-3 months, the upper tier links would grow so big, that newer links do not got enough backlinks, because older links keep getting their share. Say I used to build 5 tier 1 links, and 20 tier 2 links each day. That's 4 backlinks per upper tiered link per day. But after two months, total amount of links will grow to 1,200, which is 0.016 of what I wish. Obviously at that point, 20 links per day are not enough.

If SER keeps distributing links to every target, it would take long before newer links hit the 20 / link target, for example. It's also less natural, I think, to keep accumulating links to older pages. Sites that have been featured in the media, for instance, may get a bunch of links and social media noise, but then level off after a few days.

As you said, duplicating projects may work, but only for upper backlinks I build manually. How about links that accumulate from parent tiers, i.e. using the "Use verified URLs from..." option?

I think about increasing the number of submitted links gradually, as you suggest, but this may be a huge waste of resources. For instance if these links are lower tiered and 20 links or so may be enough to get them indexed. Then isn't it a waste to keep hitting old links that have been indexed? Yes, more juice for them, but the same resources (not only CPU and memory but also captcha cost) are needed for other projects / keywords / campaigns.

Does this concern anyone? If so, should SER focus on newer verified links?

Or I just worry too much?

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited January 2013

Yes, you are totally, completely, 100%, over-analyzing this.

Older properties will, of course, have more links. And they should...because they are older. That is natural. What is unnatural is what you are trying to do by balancing everything out.

The purpose of all of this is to funnel link juice up to the homepage. It doesn't matter which page it comes from, and whether that page is 1 week older or newer. That is irrelevant.

Indexing is a separate issue. Your goal after all is said and done, is to try and get as much stuff indexed in your tiers as possible, in the most efficient manner, and in the least expensive manner. That is not the goal of building tiers. Rather, it is one of the positive outcomes of building tiers. You can shoot 100 links to a page, and it still will not index a lot of times. Completely separate discussion. 

• @ron :)) Ok, so tell me how you usually approach this. Note that I want to drip links over months, if not a year or more.

1) Increase total number of links built to upper tiers gradually to cover newer links as the upper links grow in number?

2) Doesn't care. Build massive amount of upper tiers and then quickly drive Y x 20 links to them, then delete the project?

3) Keep lower tier links at the rate you originally set?

4) Build massive number of links, like 2000 links per day, to upper tiers from the start. Each backlink will get 100 links per day at first, but will gradually even out as the number of upper links grow?

5) or what?