Skip to content

Noob Confused By GSA SER

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Hi all, just purchased GSA SER for use on a vps that I'll be getting later on. Took it for a test run on my home pc, approx time used about 2 hours.

I set it to post to blogs only. Used the public proxy scraper and set it to 'use proxies everywhere'. Set up all my spun comments, website urls, keywords approx 100 and used anchor test.

In 2 hours I'd created about 1 link! Tried it again with another project same settings, and again virtually nothing. What am I doing wrong please?

Comments

• Thats because of your public proxies. They will hurt your submission rate A LOT.

What you can quickly do with public proxies
    - select proxies sources with actual working proxies (Options -> Configure -> Add/Edit ProxySites)
    - increase your thread counter a lot (Options -> Threads -> +100)
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

To get the basic set up, which will get you up and running, have  a look at this thread

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/436/gsa-best-practice-part-1-gsa-other-services-setup/p1

• Wow thanks Ozz and LeeG. Have bookmarked that link, very helpful. I have another question, if I buy some private proxies, how many would I need to run GSA on a 24/7 basis?
  • If you want to start small just buy 10 shared proxies which may good for ~50 threads I think.
    With 10 private proxies I think you are good for ~100 threads, maybe even more.

This is just an estimination though and depends on quality of proxies. Test them with a low thread number like 30-40 first and move upwards when you think everything is working OK.
  •  I too wanted to be CHEAP... used public p...

now I spent the 6,66€ / month and get GREAT results!

I use 10 semi.. more than ENOUGH for me.....
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    I use 20 private proxies at 500 threads.  Proxies are from BuyProxies.org, server is from Hostamus.
  • Yes, private proxies are the way to go for better results. I'm going to get some, might as well do things correctly. By the way... is there an option to use public proxies for scraping in SER and then use your private ones for posting or is this not necessary?