Skip to content

How to run CB with SER optimally

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Hi, 
I know LeeG's recommended settings for CSX were to run with 0 retries and let it solved unknown captchas.
What in CB is this "simulate the following services" option?
Should I run on 0 retries and let it solved unknown captchas?
Should I use CSX3 as backup?

I'm trying to get max submissions.

Comments

• Also, I'm curious why I have 8k+ captchas solved but only 2.5k submits
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Not every solved captcha means a placed link. Some engines require captchas for login/account creation/posting, some require more than one captcha (one captcha image for each char to type) or simply a submission could not be done after captcha input on a later step.

I wouldn't use CS as a backup anymore. It's useless if you have CB (but thats the selfish statement from the coder anyway :D). 

• Plus sometimes your first captcha solve wasn't successful so you get more than one captcha for one submission (depending on numbers of retries though).
  • Plus with CSX2 my computer would freeze and I would have to restart it every few hours
    with CB & SER now I am on the 6th day without restart ;-)
  • edited January 2013
    @Sven What does this "simulate the following services" stuff mean?
    Also should we run 0 retries for max submissions?

One more thing, if I'm at something insane like 13,000/15,500 captchas solved, does that mean I have nailed 83% of all captchas, or only 83% of captchas attempted. Can CB solve 83% of all captchas thrown at it?

Thanks
  • - Webserver and simulation is not needed with SER only because both tools communicate without it
    - 0, maybe 1 retry for max submission
    - for 83% of all captchas CB could give an answer for, regardless if right or wrong (CB don't know if the answer given is the correct one)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    For still some unknown reasons, some people have problems using the direct communication between SER and CB. If thats the case,you have to use the "simulate service" function and choose the simulated service in SER.