Skip to content

gsa ser at 1000 threads

hi guys,

i got a spare mean machine which is capable of running gsa ser at 1000 threads (i have big lists to load). my internet isnt a problem too.

i was wondering how many proxies should i have to support this?

or if 1000 isnt a good number, was wondering whats the max i can go? will be great if you can share wats the max thread you push gsa ser to. :)

Comments

• I don't think it's practical or necessary to go over 1000. I'd use at least 100 proxies.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    If you're loading lists, you don't need many proxies. Proxies are most helpful for scraping. More threads doesn't always equal more results. I've tested 500 and 1000 threads and found very similar results. 1000 threads caused some problems, so I've been sticking with 500 and the LPM has been virtually identical.

Max I've used is 2000 for a couple of months.
  • does some web 2.0 will ban your ip if it register too many times?
  • Running 800 to process lists (20ml approx)

No need to go over. Make sure to increase the HTML timeout time with more threads.

If I'm posting to a identified/processed list then I run 1-2k threads, just depends on the projects/engine selection.
  • JudderMan may i know how many proxies are you using for 800 threads?
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    My machines are more than capable of running at 2000 threads, however, this is quite pointless and upon doing so, I didn't see much difference from running at 500 - 800 threads.

Thing is, it's a vicious circle, if you increase the number of threads, you're going to need to increase your HTML timeout to at least 60 - 120 seconds, I don't care how much throughput you have in your connection, if a connection attempts to open and load 1000 or 2000 browsers, there is going to be lag, which means if your HTML timeout is set too low, you're going to be skipping alot of targets due to potential false positive timeouts.

You need to find a good balance between HTML timeouts and threads used, running at such a high amount of threads doesn't yield that much of a difference at the end of the day, not to mention the cost of proxies that would be needed to run this sort of set up, only if you use proxies that is.
  • @tim89 care to share how many private (or shared) proxies are you using for 500 threads?
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    I don't use proxies.
  • If you're posting from lists you can see well over 100 VPM with 30 private proxies and 500 threads.
  • @tim89 if you dun use proxies, i guess the only way to solve the tough recaptcha is to use deathbycaptcha?

if not, then my take is you are dropping recaptcha and just building lotsa links that doesnt use recaptcha?
  • I run at 900 threads, around a 20% CPU load, no lag, VPM of 220 on average using the coolproxies API and custom lists on a dedicated server from Online.net.
  • gee what is the spec of your mean machine @ruffcut ?