Skip to content

[SER] Use URL from Global Site list

oiloil
edited January 2013 in Need Help

can anyone point me to a good reading reg. -  Use URL from Global Site list
i checked the manual and couldnt find anything about it, nor did i went smart with a search

so when i understand it correct it uses my saved sitelists from other projects to find target sites way faster then via the search, my remaining question would basically be,

- does the project still search as well,
- and the global sites list would prolly only make sense for none relevant keywords to post in, cause in the global sites list there are all in

Comments

• Maybe I can answer this cause i've been struggling with this as well for a while.   If you have it using a global site list it will try to post to all those that you have selected until it runs out basically than you'll just see a bunch of 0/283 Sites loaded or whatever.   It will try to do search as well but not very effectively at all.  In fact it's so bad that I had to turn off using a site list until I can build up a list again.  I Wish it would just refer to search when it's trying to load 0/283 constantly it would save me a ton of headache from always monitoring gsa.

I'd love to be able to just load up a projects  set it all up with global site list and know that it's gonna go posting/searching  when it needs to without me monitoring it.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Also - remember that it takes around 300 random links from the site lists. Also, that the site lists have duplicated urls in them. In that if a url is verified it will be in all 3 site lists. It doesn't get deleted. If it is submitted, it will be in identified, and submitted, but not verified. 

Also - to resolve many of those 0/283 issues, clear your history and cache. 
  • The problem is if I clear my history and cache I'll just post on the same sites again.  I don't really wanna do that. :)    I want it to search for new sites and build up a list  again,  but when I have Site lists enabled  it doesn't search for whatever reason.  :(
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Hunar - I totally totally get you!!!  "I'll just post on the same sites again.  I don't really wanna do that. " I really don't like the clear cache & history, as you just reparse everything and basically start again. 

See Feature 5:

This way, you could retarget any fails on a per project basis, which would give you a lot more to go at.

Also - what if you select "Avoid posting on same domain twice?"  - wouldn't that prevent you posting on same sites again?
  • @GG i think on different project, and sitelist enabeled it would still post there