Skip to content

How To Build Links to NEW Site ?

edited January 2013 in Need Help
I'd like to build links directly to my money site. It's a brand new domain with wordpress blog. How would be the best way to link to it and how long till i see some results in serps ?

thanks !

Comments

• build it slowly and you can search for @Ozz high quality campaign to create your campaign
  • edited January 2013
    Here are my GSA setting. Let me know if it's ok:

I use: http://postimage.org/image/3xmo7ymkb/

Article, Blog comment, Directory, Forum, Image Comment, Microbloging, Social Bookmarks, Social Network, Web 2.0

35% secondary anchors
    20% Generic Anchors
    33% Domain

50 links / day

I link only to my homepage.

Please let me know what to add / change.
    imageimage
  • Please gimme more tips
  • Don't just link to homepage, it's just not natural. Think about how a user would link, ie to a particular page they find useful. You can really damage your chances by simply blasting your homepage without little thought :)
  • Thanks

Would also like to aks what's the best way to build seconday anchor text list.
  • personally I use google suggest tools to generate secondary keywords of the target term, again, it's natural to see these both from google and users perspective.
  • How About Using Adwords Keyword Tool ? Do you build secondary kws like "blue widgets online" "buy blue widgets online" etc ?
  • Yes, Adwords tool will also provide you with derivatives of the searched term particulary with the new interface and keyword clusters they now show. There are many methods to drawing in secondary Kws, choose your method and keep it natural.
  • Thanks again
  • Deep linking bros, deep linking.
    BTW, be careful with blog comments. If your site is hosted in a platform like blogspot or wordpress you'll get your sites disabled because of spam complaints through akismet. Either avoid blog comments or use services that doesn't give a darn about spam :D
  • What would be the ideal ratio of deep to homepage links ?
  • After the last penguin update I researched the deep linking of domains that performed well. While it might seem that I'm connecting penguin and deep linking, I'm not - just giving you a timeframe.

None the less, it appears most 'natural' domains have 60-95% of their links pointing to deep pages, while only 5-40% are pointed at the homepage.

Since that time, I've been simulating that model on my own sites, and would advise the same so as not to become a statistical outlier.
  • GOY, many thanks !!

How can I see site deep link ration ? Is there a tool to do that ?
  • I use most major backlink reporters, but at the time specifically I was using MajesticSEO.

Here is how you can do it: http://blog.majesticseo.com/training/find-all-deep-links-to-a-site/
  • GOY, Your my hero :)
  • edited January 2013
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @GODOVERYOU - very very interesting! Thank you. Now the question is how to implement...I'd guess multiple projects. 1 for homepage. 1 for inner page. 1 for inner pages. Thus, getting around 60% inner links...
  • LEt's say i have 20 content pages. Should i link to all 20 or will it work when i link to like 10 ?
  • You could do it in 1 project with duplicate urls.

i.e. let's say you have 1 inner page you want to promote (1/3 links), main homepage (1/3 links) and the rest of the 1/3 links scattered on the rest of the 5 innerpages (called innerpagea, innerpageb... innerpagee)

you would have these 15 links

www.domain.com/innerpage1
    www.domain.com
    www.domain.com
    www.domain.com
    www.domain.com
    www.domain.com
    www.domain.com/innerpagea
    www.domain.com/innerpageb
    www.domain.com/innerpagec
    www.domain.com/innerpaged
    www.domain.com/innerpagee

i believe SER should rotate amongst those links.
  • This way we put the same anchors on all the pages
  • @danhoff - you can set up your project urls like this to assign a specific keyword or keywords to each url your promoting.

http://yourdomain.com#{kw1|kw2|kw3}
  • thanks !!
  • Guys any more tips for new sites ?
  • when i use:

http://yourdomain.com#{kw1|kw2|kw3}

what should i use as KW1 so that gsa will post url of the page ?