Skip to content

Links Per Minute

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Are you guys finding that your proxies are getting flagged in google?(after using them on GSA for a few days) So if you go to use one manually(by setting it in your browser) Google wants you to enter a recaptcha to be able to search or use google at all. So my question is this normal or am I doing something wrong? I am using 25 proxies and have 3 projects running. I am thinking this might be from which SE I set in GSA SER?  Any thoughts
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    1) Maybe too few SE's selected.
    2) Timeout between searches to short. 
  • @Ozz "how many threads are you using? if you are using <50 than try to use
    your private proxies for posting only, uncheck to modify "query time"
    and "use proxies for PR check" and see if thats work out for you."

using 250 threads... but the comp keeps jumping below that even though i have the box "monitor PC resources and automatically lower threads" [unchecked]
  • 250 threads, will get that surely..
  • davbeldavbel UK
    edited February 2013
    I'm getting the same issue as @ranknow.  After a few hours I get the "We're sorry, but your computer your computer of network may be sending automated queries" in CaptchaSniper's Captcha window.

I tried changing the custom time between searches to 30 secs and then to 60 secs, but it still keeps happening.

I think it is most likely that I'm running 200 threads on only 10 private proxies :D
  • 3) Collect keywords from target sites IS selected (each project has around 1-2k keywords)

@Ozz - you said "3) unclick that and use some generic keywords for your lower tiers instead or use some foreign keywords according to the language of SE." here https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/12967#Comment_12967

was wondering about "use collected keyword to find new target sites" -> this should be unchecked as well becausee we want to use only the more generic keywords to scrape?
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    the "automated queries" message is from recaptcha if i'm not wrong. just check "skip hard to solve captchas" for the case that you only using CS and not a 2nd service.
    if you are using a 2nd service than reduce retries so recaptchas doesn't get hammered that much. you could also invest some bucks in CB and toggle service for that directly (= if recaptcha is detected -> send directly to 2nd service).

to post to sites with recaptchas and just using CS or CB is a waste of time.
  • was wondering about "use collected keyword to find new target sites" -> this should be unchecked as well becausee we want to use only the more generic keywords to scrape?

<-- just decide by yourself if the collected keywords seems usefull for you (keywords field -> tool)
  • Cheers @Ozz will try that.

Think will leave recaptchas alone as I've burnt about 5000 DBC credits in the last 4 or 5 days
  • edited February 2013
    Got my LpM improved from 1 - 16 in a week. thx guys, great tips.
    Running SER & CB on this VPS:

Cost a penny for 1st month, good to start with this then move to a better one.
    There are some tips left untried, after solve some problems I could do more.

Trying to push it to 40 on this machine, I should get a reward when the day comes
    :D
  • edited February 2013
    GlobalGoogler Where is time out between searches set? Just a change in verbage... You mean custom time to wait between search engine queries in the Global Settings under Submission if so I have that set to 67 seconds What is a common time other use?

Upon reading above in greater detail I think it might be recaptcha that is triggering the spam alert on my ip's So I have checked skip hard to solve captchas. I will let everyone know if this solves the problem.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Global Projects options under submissions. 
  • davbeldavbel UK
    edited February 2013
    Bizarre thing happening today...

Been tweaking various settings based on this thread and achieved some good improvements in LPM.

But then I changed all the campaigns as per @ozz to "Skip hard to solve captchas" and now anytime I run more than 25 threads I get 100% CPU use.

Prior to that I was running between 100-150 threads whilst tweaking and averaging 60-80% cpu.

Settings are:
    18 projects over 10 campaigns, so some multi-tier
    Some projects have submission limits, others are continual posting
    Some projects have few hundred subs / verified, some have 10s of thousands
    Site lists on in all campaigns
    5-7 random google search engines per project
    Custom verify set to 1440 mins
    10 private proxies (proxy hub running at about ave 1s)
    5 sec custom time between search engine queries
    Captcha Sniper X3 with 0 retries

It's running on my home server running WHS 2011, e6600 processor and 4gb ram - ram use is never above 2.7Gb.

Any ideas what's happening?

• OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    edit: no idea

maybe just undo that option again and see how things work out. its working fine for me though.
  • are you sure you didn't touch anything else? i use that option without any problem.
  • davbeldavbel UK
    edited February 2013
    @rodal - Not changed anything else at all.  I've literally been tweaking by changing one setting at a time and then leaving it to run for a few hours to be able to measure increases / decreases.

@Ozz - Know you've edited your original post about CS and "solve unknown captchas", but perhaps there is some truth in what you originally posted - since changing this setting in CS the ave solve time has reduced by over a second and I've been able to increase the threads up to 50+ with it running 50-100% depending on what it's doing...

Having spent the last couple of hours literally watching the log window, it appears that when it's verifying it flies through and I can set the threads as high as 300-350 before the cpu starts to hit 100%, but as soon as it starts searching and posting, that's when the CPU gets maxed.

I don't mind that it runs at 100%, but because I run MS and scrapebox on the server, I really need it to have some capacity so these apps don't slow down/break :D

Perhaps it's time to go VPS or invest in a dedi PC to run SER...

• finally at 100k submitted club =D
  • Where do you guys get your keywords from? Do you just use random keywords or are they related to your niche? Is it ok to just type some generic keywords into scrapebox and have it return similar keywords?
  • When I browse to the folder where my saved link data files are supposed to be I don't even see the folder there.

GSA says its saying the files in Users/myusername/AppData/Roaming/GSA Search Engine Ranker/site_list-indentified/  but once I get to myusername folder I don't even see AppData in there.
  • thats because its a hidden folder. just change the behaviour of your system to show hidden folders or simply put %appdata% in your system search box and hit enter (the bottom field when you hit the "start" button in windows).
  • why does LeeG has more supported cpatchas?? 553 ??
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Because I have been using cb since the beta days and added extra captchas :O

And a lot of the captchas I shared then, got added for everyone to use

Something everyone has the ability to do with cb

Its under the SDK option 

• If I get a lot of "already parsed" it means I am using similar keywords?

It means your pulling a lot of the same results

Hence why I use a small amount of search engines to reduce that

• I'm using 3 engines, so it probably is my keywords. I'm typing a general keyword into scrapebox and scraping 2 levels, I'll try 1 level with more general keywords
  • edited March 2013
    why you dont let ser scrape without keywords
  • edited March 2013
    @rodol will that increase verified by alot? Also, when I "show submitted URLS" it says it's waiting for email verification, how long does that usually take?

What type of email accounts are you using?

If its hotmail, have you got the catch all rule in place in them

• I've added a If sender email contains @ rule
  • I've manually logged into the account and some of the sites haven't sent a verification email(pligg), will it try to post on those sites or will it wait for the email verification forever?