Skip to content

CS X3 causing GSA to drop threads?

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Hi,
I have a pretty shitty vps ( 512 MB RAM & 3.40Ghz CPU from bermanhosting ). Anyway GSA used to run fine on it with 50 threads creating about ~150 links per hour. Yesterday I updated cpatcha sniper to x3 and now I'm seeing terrible results I also noticed the threads often drop as low as 10 threads.

So I assume my vps can't handle x3, but on the other hand the resource monitor sais it has enough cpu when the threads drop and I also don't have the "Monitor pc resource and lower threads" option on. So could there be another reason my threads drop on GSA? My proxies are also working fine.

Here a pic where you can see GSA dropped to 15 threads while its only using 42% cpu: http://tinypic.com/r/2db5ted/6

What do you guys think? Any other option that is causing GSA to drop threads?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited January 2013
    Sorry that image is not viewable for me. However I can not imagine that CS3 is causing anything different than CS2. Try for yourself and disable the captcha solving? Also see what time CS takes to solve things...maybe it is busy for a captcha to long?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    You probably need a bigger keyword list. After a period of time with a smaller list, the SE's hunt for targets, they are just recycling the same words and getting the same targets. That's my guess.
  • @ron well that might be it as the logs show a lot of: [ ] 000/000 [Page END] results.
    But on the otherhand I have a 100k keyword list and my oldest project is not even 3 months old, so would it really be possible that GSA already searched the 100k keywords on the 156 SE's I have selected?

Anyway I really need to fix this as this really sucks, it only creates like 25 backlinks an hour now. Thinking about backing up my campaigns and than completely reinstalling GSA + throwing CB on it.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
  • edited January 2013
    Doubt that. The list has a huge variety, got it from mathew woordward. I tried to use a bigger list of 470k but than it sais the list is bigger than 10mb and it could possible decrease the amount of threads because it is to big.

What do you have to do to completely remove GSA and get a fresh install? Because I just deinstalled it, removed the folder and reinstalled it but it just showed the same projects with the same setting so that doesn't really help. Is there any folder where it keeps a backup with all the settings and projects?

nvm figured it out.
  • @pietpatat - I have the same problem. I closed CS and started CB. The treads fiered up, but after 10 minutes goes down again to about 3 !!!. My CPU shows 68%. I think this is not a Captcha solver problem nor proxies. I tryed with/without Public Proxies and Hide MyAss - same story. Did you get any results?
  • edited January 2013
    Yeah it's still an issue I'm struggling with. It's defenitly not a hardware problem, because if I only use the sitelist everything works fine and GSA uses all the threads. So it has something to do with the search mode. I'm guessing it's a combination of these 3: Amount of ( private ) proxies, Amount of SE's selected and custom wait time between each search.

Lets take an extreme example: If you have 10 search engines selected and the custom wait time unchecked ( it's set to default = 60 seconds ), GSA will automaticly lower the amount of threads because it only sends out a search query every 60 seconds per SE, so it will only do 10 searches per minute. So no matter how many threads you have selected it will always lower the amount of threads because of these limits.

Now you can increase this by increasing the amount of SE's, so if you have all 1000 SE's selected GSA can submit 1000 searches per minute ( because custom wait time is still unchecked, so it will only do a 1 search per minute per SE ). The problem with this solution is: more SE's  = more duplicate results.

Or reduce the custom wait time between searches. So if you have 10 search engines selected and custom wait time reduced to 5 seconds it can now do: 20 searches per minute x 10 search engines. The problem with this is that I still don't decent results with this probably because I only have 14 private proxies.

So now I have had it with this issue so I've just selected all SE's ( 1000 SE's spread over 10 projects, so 100 unique SE's for each project ) and reduced the custom wait time to 5 seconds. I will probably get a shitload of duplicate results but atleast GSA is always using all the threads when searching. And because I have SE's from all countries selected I get backlinks from all over the world, where first I only had the 156 english SE's selected for each campaign so I would get mostly .com backlinks, I'm now also getting a lot of .es .de etc links.

Now I don't know exactly how the "Custom wait time between SE query" works. If it's set to 5 and lets say you only have google.com selected and have 10 proxies. Does it:
    A). Send a new request to google.com every 5 seconds and it randomly switches proxies every request?
    B). Send a new request for earch proxy you have every 5 seconds ( which is in this case 10 request every 5 seconds )?

I'm guessing it's A, but maybe @sven or @ozz can verify this?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

>Now you can increase this by increasing the amount of SE's, so if you have all 1000 SE's selected GSA can submit 1000 searches per minute

Thats not right. IT also checks if the search engine is from the same kind. Like all google's are one type of engine and between them it waits the set time. Thats important as google would ban you if you do XYZ queries on it but on different domains.

it does A