Skip to content

Few questions about Jacob King's Strategy, the right settings, Submitting and verifying links?

TaulantBytyqiTaulantBytyqi theinfinitefirewithin.com
Hey Guys I am new with Gsa Ser and I just started my campaign and I am using Jacob King's strategy: http://www.jacobking.com/broken-tiered-link-building
I have my Money site with its secondary links... also I have 3 tiers ( Tier 1, 2 & 3) which have their secondary links tiered to them ( Secondary links to tier 1, 2 & 3).

Now so far everything looks like is going well just, I am not submitting and verifying as much links I should (at least I think so?)

I am using a Windows SSD VPS with: CPU 3 Cores, SSD Space 30 GB, Ram 3 GB, Dedicated Server 1...

The Options in my GSA Ser ar set up like this: 300 threads (decrease on a memory usage above 300 MB), (decrease threads on CPU usage above 77%),  HTML timeout 180 and Proxy list option: 300 threads, timeout 120.

Now my questions:
 1) Is Jacobs King's Strategy effective? (
According the  feedback by others it actually works? Do you guys use his strategy?)
2) Are my settings in my GSA Ser Options set up right based on the VPS I am using? 
3) How many Submissions and Verified links "should I supposedly" get in average in 24 hours based on my GSA settings and my VPS? What are the numbers?
Thank you in advance for your help :),
Regards,
Taulant

Comments

• Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    I don't personally know of Jacob however, I have heard about some of his blogposts, not that I read them.

A few weeks ago someone posted up a thread asking if this Jacob King was correct in saying that we "shouldn't run SER 24/7".

In my book, anyone that says the above, doesn't know what their talking about, you need links to rank and you need sustainable links for the term you wish to rank for, so not running SER 24/7 would be suicidal.

Tiered link building is a huge method that everyone knows, it's pretty standard amongst SEOs and it does work eventually, I wouldn't read so much bs these guru SEOs blog about in all fairness, I'd simply get stuck into things and work things out yourself, using the tiered method is a good place to start.
  • Your setting about "decrease on a memory usage above 300 MB" I think are not right, and that setting will limit your Ser a lot.

I set that option to 2,800 mb and I almost never get an "Out of memory" message. Ser should use not more than 2 gb of ram, but sometime I see it use more, so it's better to limit it to some more than 2 gb, but absolutely not at the 300 mb as you are doing. Probably your Ser is not nover coming to get 300 threads.

About Jacob, I read a lot of interesting stuff on his blog, and that strategy is good and not different of the strategies that some people hsa posted here in this forum.

The only weak part of it (and of Ser) is the T1 that I think it's better you do without Ser. For everything else, Ser is wonderful
  • Obviously he doesn't know his links cause the exploits The "PHP Info Pages" are authority sites PR 3 + and are first tier links and will rank you.

• linkedseolinkedseo NYC
    edited January 2015
    A PHP info page is a file that includes version information about PHP, Apache/IIS, GD, etc

• @linkedseo I haven't been using exploit pages in my linking as I didn't think they carried much weight. Care to elaberate a bit on them?

Matt
  • exploits are just scummy and have little to no value, probably hurting you in the long run