Skip to content

Improved Email Verification v9.45

2»

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @banel there is no difference. Each step has it's own verification that is required. On registration it's usually email checking, others use the url checking.
  • @Sven : what happens if I set these timeouts to 2 or 3 days ? Is that ok / safe ?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Thats of course up to you. But I see no use in this for many engines where an auto-approve should happen.
  • @Sven : Thank you for the answer. Sorry if I ask too many questions but I just want to improve SER's performance :D
  • @banel - I know for a fact that increasing the timeout on the submission (link verification) steps will slow down SER and negatively affect performance. It's going to have to keep checking, checking, checking, checking the site for your link for a lot of extra time.

I don't see see increasing the timeout on only email verification affecting the performance much at all if you do heavy contextuals because SER will automatically check the emails by default for new verifications as well. So why not check it again for an old verification? Sure the sites that allow you to login and post without email verification will be delayed to your X amount of time to wait for the email but that will only be a delay on getting those links.

I definitely wouldn't change any timeout values other than the register step which requires email verification.
  • @OldFusser : I really appreciate your answer, thank you. I will modify all register timeouts to 5 days and the other timeouts will be at 1 day. Then, I will test and see if there's any improvement. :)