Skip to content

FCS networker links not showing in ahrefs

Does anyone know if links created in fcs block ahrefs? Created them a month ago and even the ones that are indexed in google are not showing in Ahrefs. What gives? :)

Comments

• Yes, I see that same thing, lots of social profiles and web2s never seem to show in Ahrefs or Majestic. I'm guessing that they block the bots via .htaccess or robots.txt, but I've never really investigated it TBH.
  • bellathecat78bellathecat78 Cardiff, Wales
    I'm glad it's not just me. This sucks. Has the other guys in SERlists come across this? @ron‌
    etc.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Yep. I guess the thinking is if they take away the ability for us to get credit for the link, then we will stop spamming them. I would have to agree with @2Take2 's theory here. I am willing to bet it is handled at the htaccess level, so it may not appear in robots.txt.
    I'm confused. Does this mean that my pbn isn'to worth anything or does it just mean it's harder for me to track?
  • harder to track
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited December 2014
    ^^Exactly. @bellathecat78 - Nothing has changed for your web2.0. If you built 500 great links to it, it still has 500 great links built to it. You just don't get to see the fruits of your labor in the manner you would like to see it - with your links (PA/DA, mozrank, trustflow) in shining lights in ahrefs, moz, majestic - because those links won't register in those services.

By blocking the tracking to those services, the theory is that these web2.0 companies will disincentivize you - by not allowing you the joy of seeing PA/45 DA/45, etc. So for you, it is almost like playing golf in the dark. And then the theory is that you will leave them alone and quit building web2.0's just as a tool to rank (instead of some hippie crap to spread the word of your great ideas, and all the other web2.0 kumbaya mantra).

With a "true" PBN - your own personally owned domain network of let's say high PR properties - you want to block all the bots and crawlers on those properties because you don't want others to see your most powerful properties - linking to your moneysite - in services like ahrefs (and exactly what you did to rank).

In any event, this is speculation, but also an educated guess. Otherwise, you are witnessing a time delay in the data being registered with ahrefs. Either way, I wouldn't sweat it. You know what you built. It is the results in ranking that matter.
    Thanks @ron, I do have to get out of this mindset that I need to see every little link appear in Ahrefs. I am seeing good results and sites have bounced back from penguin 3 so praise the Lord for that!
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    why don't you use backlink monitor? Seems silly not to.
    Ok @tim89, what is their site address?
    Thanks dude
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited December 2014

In addition to what's already been said, a lot of these web2 sites are absolutely huge, so they also might just be blocking the bots via .htaccess to reduce server load, not necessarily to thwart SEOs....

Or maybe even a bit of both?