Skip to content

Very Few Threads Only During Verification

For some reason when my "Active" projects reach the verification mode my threads are VERY LOW compared to my max number of threads. I'm currently using 500 threads and they max out no problem when submitting urls but once they all reach the verification part my threads are in the 50-150 range. I've tried lowering and increasing my max threads but it doesn't seem to help.

When I run the projects as "Active-Verify" it still doesn't use up all the threads but it does use close to twice the amount. I have no idea what the problem could be. I've tried running GSA + CB completely in a ram disk also in case it was my hard drive choking up and that didn't help with this issue either. My CPU usage is in the 20-30% range according to the task manager and resource monitor when verifying.

Also, if I have other active projects submitting then my projects that are currently trying to verify just hang up and barely do anything until all projects are in verification mode.

I'm at a complete loss here.

Comments

• Seems like every time I create a thread I never receive any responses, lol.

Well, I'll post what I done (if anyone happens to be in the same boat as me):

Test
    Testi
    Testin
    Testing....

After a SHITLOAD of diagnostics I came to the conclusion is was my CPU (8 cores/8 threads) chip that was causing these SEVERE hangups that for some reason only happen when projects are in verification mode.

Most people probably won't even have BIOS access to their servers but here's what I did.

I set only 4 cores to active from my BIOS screen
    Overclocked the 4 active cores

..... And that's it. Sacrifice a bit of hardware in able to run GSA SER smoothly. 32bit GSA SER must really hate anything more than 4 cores.
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    Seems lame having to handicap a cpu like that, but it's better than nothing I suppose.
  • @Tim89 - Trust me I know! But it works.