Skip to content

How Soon You Build Links

Hi, I have been building linksas soon as the article is indexed.

Build at 5 submissions per hour tier 1, 10 p/h tier 2.

But all my articles are getting slapped.

Am I doing it wrong you think?

I am close to failing with GSA I think.

Comments

• Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    edited December 2014
    When you're using SER, I would build links right off the bat, ASAP.

The links SER creates are far from reliable sources, you want to get as much link juice from all your links as quick as possible before they die, you can minimise this by using more respectable platforms.

If you're building and then waiting around for those links to stick you'll be continuously chasing your own tail, unless you are able to build your tier 1 requirements x100.

However... Some links do stick around, for quite a long time, so you've got two strategies, first is to build build build build, build all your tiers, don't wait around and then sit sit sit, see what sticks, see where you rank or over build your tier 1's, then wait... pick up from where you left off with the links that survive and proceed to build your other tiers.

There is alot of funny stuff around when I see "churn and burn" and people say it's short term... it isn't as long as you replenish the links lost with new links, it'll survive all day long, The main reasons churn and burn drop, is because it can get quite hard to keep track of ratios too.
  • I see thanks @Tim89.

Do you normally see a slap then come back stronger?

I am only trying to juice up my tier 1's with the exact anchor, only 5% of them.
    I see ranking fluctuations all the time.

When I start link building to a new site I see drops of -30 and increases of +50, it's a good thing though, not bad, just keep on doing what you're doing... until the site begins to get enough resilience (authority) and once it does, you'll notice these fluctuations (slaps) less and less.

Alot of people buy SER and then start link building to one of their sites and they see their precious rankings drop considerably, they get scared and then stop link building and then a few weeks later they start to see their rankings climb a little, rankings must go down to go up, unless you're using a PBN which in some cases will completely sandbox your site for a couple weeks, but then you bounce straight to the top.

The important thing is authority and anchor text ratio.
    edited December 2014
    Some examples that shows these drops before gains...

You will not notice these ups and downs as much if you stop checking your rankings for a while! :) As your site obtains more and more links/juice authority, you'll find these fluctuations to be minimal.
  • I see.

But the article is totally out of the serps, I am even only drip feeding the links to the indexeer.
    Is it a new site? If you are only building links to your 5% exact match anchors (tier 1) and you have vanished completely for that keyword, check to see if those tier 1's are still indexed, if they are, they must be low quality links or links without authority.
  • edited December 2014
    I set GSA to build from PR0 contextuals and upwards on Tier 1. Is that wrong?
    That isn't wrong, no.

The tier 1s need to mature before you see the benefits, just keep doing what you're doing.

How old are these tier 1 links?
  • only a few days old.
    If they are only a few days old then they haven't been properly indexed yet, a new link will tend to drop out of the index a few times before being permanently indexed, this normally happens for around 10-14 days after being indexed, this is normal.

I would carry on doing what you're doing and do a rank check in 2-3 weeks time.
  • Ok thanks.