Skip to content

SEO on Italy

Hey guys, ranked several sites on english keywords and now wanted to rank some sites on italian keywords. Would my backlinks content need to be in italian and i need to post only in italian sites?

Appreciate answers!

Comments

• Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    Your backlink content could be in English and no you wouldn't need to only use italian backlinks although it would most probably help you rank in the italian serps a little faster.
  • Declare your language on your site as Italian in the header part of your site. For example, for me with UK sites it's en-GB or en-US for USA sites. If you use Webmaster Tools (which I don't) then you can 'point' the site at Italian SERPs.

Other than that, you could see if you can host it in Italy for an extra little bump.
  • Ok i also need to change all content for backlinks that i post, from english to italian right?

Even the one that content generate software doesn't do, like comments for blogs
    You do not need to change your backlink content into Italian, it can be English.

There are many Italians that speak and type in English, Therefore it is perfectly natural to have an English piece of content, written to promote an Italian site.
  • edited December 2014
    Thanks for answer Tim89 but i have a question though.  How can i rank my targeted keyword for example :  fare soldi online if my backlinks content is in english..

Sry if newbish question.
    edited December 2014
    You can easily create content around 'make money online' in English and then simply squeeze 'fare soldi online' within the content.

fare soldi online is relevant to make money online and google will see that it is relevant because they both mean the same thing.

"... if you would like to fare soldi online then continue reading these tips and I will demonstrate how this could be possible for you to do over a period of time."

"...per fare soldi online, you need to take a laid back approach and be patient, especially if you are using SEO as your form of promotion"

edit: I'm only saying this to help you. If you can only source English content, it is not the end of the world and you can still make it work for you, however, if you can easily source Italian content, then use Italian content.

• edited December 2014
    @garyhuhu

Because your on-page is in Italian. In my experience (backlink) content in the language of your website will be more effective, but it can be a real PITA. For many languages there are no manual spinning services or content scrapers like Kontent Machine or Article Builder, so you have to manually spin everything yourself. OTOH Panda in these languages is a complete joke so you can easily get away with sub-standard spun content (tier1) or even translated content (tier2-3). 

By the way, before you start blasting SER to your site, I really recommend you to read up on SEO for at least 2-3 months. Right now it seems you're going to waste a lot of money and time doing things you have no clue about. 
  • rogerke i'm doing SEO for more than 3 years now, i ranked alot of sites but used only english language.

Thank you both for that helpful information!
  • @rogerke if that's correct about Panda...then why are we bothering with English content? Why not mash a load of different foreign content together and slap in our English keywords? Suppose it's worth a try to test, eh? :)
  • edited December 2014
    Haha, might be worth a test indeed. Don't think there's currently a net benefit though. It's definitely harder to get non-English tier 1 quality content. Besides, don't articles from article scraping software like KM and AB still slip trough the net of the Panda algorithm? I'm pretty sure they do (at the very least they seem to be able to pass link juice). Furthermore -in my experience- it seems harder to rank with non-native content, so it's less efficient as well.

Of course, it might be an interesting idea if/when Panda will be able to catch KM/AB content or even manually spun English articles in the future. Interesting thoughts.
  • I'll definitely post my results based on what Tim89 said above.