Skip to content

Thank You Sven and Trevor_Bandura!

Like others here, I've been suffering from extremely low link creation recently.  I was relieved to read @Trevor_Bandura mention that he was on the trail (with @Sven) regarding some internal issues.  I just upgraded to the latest version (9.26) and my VPM went from low single digits to now between 70 and 90 again.  Thank You Guys!  On Thanksgiving, there is much to be thankful for -  you just added to the list.  :)

Comments

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    Still more updates to come i'm sure. I'm going to be sending Sven another download later this afternoon with things to look at.

And yes I also want to say i'm already seeing some improvements with SER since the last couple updates.
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    +1
  • donaldbeckdonaldbeck Advanced SER Videos -> http://bit.ly/1ySrbwu | Learn SER For Free Step By Step -> http://sertips.com
    Good work @Trevor_Bandura !
  • True, I'm also seeing big difference. Thanks guys.
    More to come. Just remember, all these fixes i'm sure will not be done in one update. It's going to take a little while to get things looked at by not only me, but Sven also. He has the toughest job of updating everything.

But we are doing our best for everyone here.

In addition to the article engines, sent all my files today to Sven for these engines, what other ones have you all seen a big decline in verified links?
  • @mexiken - What kinda contextuals are you seeing an increase now? I'm not seeing much of any although it may just be the status of my contextual campaigns urls. I'm running identified + verified with it and it's randomized.

@Trevor_Bandura - That's great to hear. I understand it's going to take awhile to get a lot of these engines updated but hopefully the end result will be like it was a few months ago and that they will stick for awhile.
  • No improvements here either, in face i'm just facing bigger issues than before, SER is barely using only 100-150 threads out of 1500 i allocated, memory usage is low and CPU usage is 5%, no idea why is it working so slow recently. Running 20 campaigns and still can't go over 200-300 threads. 
  • @dairobl - Are you verifying links?

I've noticed when I set my projects to Verify Only or if a lot of them are verifying at the same time that my threads will not max out and are considerably lower.

It was never like this 5 or 6 versions back. So instead of manually verifying links, I try to set projects to verify at different times by delaying the time when I start each of them.
  • @OldFusser

I was testing with that, disabling verification, verifying at different time etc... won't help.
    @dariobl Do you have lots of links allocated to the projects? I've noticed SER do this when my projects are set to stop at a certain amount of submits per day. SER slows down to not go over that amount.

This will also happen if SER is getting low on links to process for the projects. If you import links directly into the projects, that should make SER speed up again.

I have not seen anything abnormal about SER slowing down like that, well in my case anyways.
  • Nice work guys, my LPM / VPM has doubled since updating to the latest version so you must have done something right. :)

• @Trevor_Bandura and @Sven Excelent job, also my LPM and VPM today has doubled the average of last days (and weeks).
    Clap clap!
    =D> =D>
  • magicallymagically http://i.imgur.com/Ban0Uo4.png
    Yeah it's getting better indeed - Great job Sven and Trevor_Bandura

Funny to see though, that many now are replying to this thread, considering the other flame-thread
    :))

Sven - could we 'the GSA Community' here - Help to maintain these engines in any way?
    I'm pretty sure a couple of us are willing to do it, so you can focus on other areas instead.

Count my in, if we could establish such a task-force-group to maintain .ini-files etc.
    Nice to see the small updates so far are improving things. My hats off to @Sven also for the great work.

As for me, i'm just taking the time needed to dig deeper than anyone has yet in to these problems instead of just posting log screen shots. It takes lots of time running 2 different versions of SER, saving the 2 different site list files, manually comparing the two to each other, etc. And putting all this information in to a spreadsheet and sending it all off to Sven. I'm not looking for any praises here, just trying to help out, but I don't mind getting them. :D

It's a slow process as there are lots of engines to go through. But will be well worth it in the long run.

I love this software and community so doing all this I don't mind at all if it's going to help improve things.

This also makes things WAY easier for Sven to debug and fix potential problems and find fixes.
    edited November 2014
    @Sven
    This is a side note to my previous reply above:

Could we use State Machines and Enhanced Regular Expressions?
    That would make the engines more flexible, but there is a price to pay...a little slowdown, as it would look for several patterns before entering a certain state.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

@magically I don't see how State Machines and Regular Expressions can improve things. You have already masks where SER tries to match against and that works fast and is flexible as well.

The community can improve things when they would collect URLs where a submission is no longer possible but was in the past and is still possible manually. Thats however quite a lot of work but the only way to improve things. Collecting unknown fields (advanced options) and adding them the the engines or generic_fields.dat file is helping as well.

@Sven
    That is correct - however I was thinking of making generic abstract conditions for future references.
    If one pattern fails, it could go through 2-3 additional ones, before exiting the state-failure.
    That would of course mean slower performance, but most likely higher hits.

I didn't look deep into the current masks, it was simply a suggestion for the troublesome web 2.0 engines.

In terms of the other things, well we could ask out openly if there is interest for enhancing those loose ends - by helping each other united as a team.

• blakew1251blakew1251 San Francisco North Bay

Thanks Trevor and Sven!!! :)>-

It has been maddening these last two weeks.

Blake

How is the latest update working?
  • blakew1251blakew1251 San Francisco North Bay

Well, unfortunately for me, it is running about the same.

Starts off real strong for about the first 10 minutes, then goes into the toilet with download failed (aborted).

Running the latest 9.28, contextual only.

Blake  

• After the 9.26 update, and with his incredible amount of success rate, I'm a little afraid to try the last new updates... I'm thinking to keep using the 9.26 version for some more days, and later update to the latests.

Actually I'm on 3x LPM than the numbers of 2 days ago!!!

Any report for the version 9.27 and 9.28?
    edited November 2014
    @blakew1251 Open the sites with download failed. I'm sure those don't work and won't load. Nothing really to do with SER as it's either a dead site or the proxy used to load the site is not working.

@peterperseo9.27 is the second batch of updates from the files I sent Sven, and 9.28 was a fix with the right click on project > import data from kontent machine I think. So those updates are fine. But remember if you update, you always have the old exe that SER saves for you. Just remember to save that for future incase some thing happens.
  • Trevor_Bandura

Ok, thanks for the tip, I know it but I never tried to be a good guy and save the older versions. Now from today I will start to save every new version, just in case :-) (even if, to say the truth, since many months I never regretted having installed a new version, Sven is great!).

I think the files are inside this folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\GSA Search Engine Ranker

There are the last version and the previous one.

Thanks, and again thanks also for the great job you are doing together with @Sven ! :-)
    @peterperseo You're welcome. And yes that's where the old versions will be found. The file will be called "Search_Engine_Ranker_old", all I do is rename it to the version numbers.