Skip to content

Running threads recommandation

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Hey,

Tried to search for recommended running threads based on PC specs an internet connection.

I have a laptop with Intel® CoreTM i7 Ivy Bridge (3610QM,22 nm,2300 MHz) 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM, SSD 256GB (Asus G75VW-T1012D), 100mbs internet connection speed, the best internet provider in my country (max package)

Right now I am running 50 threads with 120 HTML timeout and 30 private proxies (as everyone recommended to stick below 50 threads)

For example if i increase running threads to 300 can this cause GSA to fail submissions?

Since the new update (memory and cpu stats at the bottom) GSA is using not more than 200MB memory and the CPU 10% - 20% with 50 running threads.

Any recommendations ?

Comments

• I've an i7 (2nd Gen) with 16GB RAM and I've tested at 500 and even 1000 threads and it ran fine. Only problem is you will need lots of proxies at those numbers as the IPs will get banned for scraping and posting.

Only way to find out is to test it for yourself. Increase it to 100 and see if you start getting many "download failed" errors. If not then try to increase the thread count or else decrease it till you find the sweet spot. For me (with my current private proxies) it is 80 threads.
  • OzzOzz
    edited January 2013
    Who is "everyone"? 50 threads are safe for the very most any machine. With a better PC and connection you can handle more threads obviously.

Just monitor your log and stats in SER as well of CPU/RAM usage for a while and find your sweet spot.
  • Its good to scrape for proxies if i already have 30 private proxies ? I tested everything and i will set GSA to run 150 threads.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    edited January 2013
    I run at 600 threads.  I try to get my CPU to 99% as much as possible.  Right now I'm running two instances of SB and CS.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    let's get this thread a little more structured and examine the different ratios.

Check out: