Skip to content

Is it still working?

2»

Comments

• @Tim89 in your ranking picture you went from 54 position to 8 in one day.  What was the difficulty level for this niche.  What types of backlinks did you create (contextuals)?
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    @SuperSEO this wasn't in a day, I run my ranking checks once per week, so that shift was after a week from the previous rank check. I use RankReporter from Inspyder.
  • @Tim89 One last question, do you use PR (unknown ?) for your money site ?

Congrats on your results, keep it up.
  • @Tim89 Are those results just with GSA to your money site? Also what kind of difficulty keywords?

Thanks
    @SuperSEO yes, any site that has a contextual link available I post to.

@mooton all with SER yes, I don't pay attention to competition when ranking keywords, I just look for monthly searches and all those keywords have anything from 800 searches per month up to 60,000 searches for that particular site.

I did another rank check on that site today and I've got a few more number 1 rankings :)
  • @Tim89 Do you use a second or third tier?  If so, what kind of backlinks do you build to them (blog comments ect)?

Have you ever been hit by google penalty before ?
    @SuperSEO on these sites that I've posted rankinga for, it's the result of only 1 tier, but this is a new niche for me that I've not tackled before but it seems to be easy as pie for me to rank in.

I normally work in the insurance niche and have been for the past few years and those sites need three tiers to have any significant juice to compete.

I don't get Google penalties lol, I do however suffer from link loss and link devaluation at times :)
  • @Tim89 When you build 3 tiers for your insurance niche, what kind of backlinks do you build for tier 2 and tier 3?

How long have you been doing SEO for ?
  • @Tim89 I see thanks.

How many Tier 1's are you needing to rank that high on average and how long does it take? 

I have only been trying to rank a few K per month keywords but not had much success

Any advice please?

Thanks a lot.
  • royserparoyserpa (URL and Domain Deduped!) GSA SER VERFIED Lists! => http://gsa-verified-list.royserpa.com/
    @SuperSEO‌
    Yes ive had my share of penalized sites
    @SuperSEO I use contextuals, however.. I still think other links hold value for link juice such as, forum profiles, directories etc, but these types of links are more often deleted for spam simply because they are redundant pages for a webmaster to maintain.

Put yourself in a webmasters mind frame, if you're hosting a web 2.0 type site which allows people to visit/register/post content, this is what they want, they want content, not someone to register and create an account on a forum and be inactive, therefore, a piece of content is more likely to stick around on the target site moreso than other link types, it's not what google prefers or what link types hold the most value, they are all the same, sure, authority and link juice of the links is of massive importance but first of all, in order to achieve a link with huge authority and age/juice, it needs to be alive for a long period of time and the contextual platforms are more likely to achieve this but you shouldn't be afraid of using other types of links, although during a refresh, contextuals are more likely to stay within the index simply because it's 'content'.

The way I see it is, if you build your site with a good foundation, you're more likely to escape these penalties that people speak of, however, I'm not denying the fact of link devaluation during these refreshes or link loss, these two things can be rectified over time by replenishing your link profile which will take much less time than completely re-ranking a site from scratch, this is true if your tier 1 stays intact.

How long I've been doing SEO is quite irrelevant.

@moonton I normally have around 500,000 - 1,000,000 tier 1 links going to my homepage(s) and around 30,000 tier 1's going to my inner pages, this is for my stacked out insurance sites. Remember, these numbers are for my tier 1s only, I have around 100 inbound links goings to each tier 1 and then the same again for tier 3.

This all depends on your niche mate, I can't really advise you to stick to a certain number because it may be overkill for your market and you might be wasting alot of time creating a huge profile but I can tell you this, some markets require a tier 2 at least before you start to even appear within the top 100.
    To update you on my previous rankings posted on the 7th November:

I'm ranking for just over 650 keywords currently.

• 500,000 - 1,000,000 contextual links?
    edited November 2014
    @breku when it gets to those numbers, its difficult to sustain contextual links, so I'll simply say "most of them are contextuals yes"

This is one of my newer finance sites started up at the start of this year, I'm happy with its' progress considering it's only with SER, very competitive keywords with search volumes of around 20,000+

This will be my last pic, I don't like to display rankings on forums.

I have quite a few main websites which are all within the same industry and have been going on since 2009 respectively, still earning a considerable amount, enough to pay myself a wage.
  • Thats a crazy amount of links, you must have some sort of mega setup there.
  • Hi Guys,

I'm new here. Bought GSA about 3 weeks ago and started using it last week. Prior to GSA, I use PBN on my money site but one of it got hit by manual penalty during the mass PBN update. Afraid that my other might get hit too, I got a knee jerk reaction and start disavowing all the PBN links on other sites. Rankings dropped 20 - 80 positions. Feeling depress.

Now after a week or so of GSA linking to just 1 Web2.0 to my Money site. Things are looking quite well.

So Glad that I discover GSA. GSA is definitely working

Cheers

Oh wait forgot to mention I also subscribe to a list which helps so much on getting links.
  • Tim89 with what or how do you provide articles to so many contextual links ?
    @Seljo I use AB for all my content.
  • @Tim89 what does AB stand for ?

Thanks
    ^^
  • Ok thanks.
  • aquaticmineralsaquaticminerals Planet of the Apes
    Some good rankings you got there @Tim89 well done! I would be very interested in discussing some ideas with you more privately if convenient with you.
  • royserparoyserpa (URL and Domain Deduped!) GSA SER VERFIED Lists! => http://gsa-verified-list.royserpa.com/
    @Tim89‌

Man how were you able to know you are ranking for 600ish keywords?
    @royserpa sorry, I don't quite understand your question entirely.

Q: How would any competent SEO know how they are ranking for all their particular keywords?

A: because these are the keywords im targeting in my campaigns, this isn't luck lol :))
    @Tim89‌

Hehe i know that part bro. I also rank for hundreds of keywords. Guess i was in retard mode haha
  • edited November 2014
    @royserpa

Hi Roy,

Any tips for how to do it? How many links do you typically need?

I only ever got a really high rank once.

I am mostly just trying to rank subpages on the same domain, no specific niche.

Can you describe t me your settings please?

I am trying to rank a low competition keyword but so far I only have 260 tier 1 contextuals and 900 tier 2 contextuals.