Skip to content

GSA SER not stopping!

Comments

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    @Sven Anytime there is an update and I run the update, it kills all of the threads when it restarts. Something like that, Kill All Threads would be nice at least until this is resolved. I have to quit through the task manager each time the threads get stuck.
  • @Sven - is there anything I can try doing about this? Like reinstalling SER or so?
    Could you login to my VPS and try to debug it there, or can I send you my projects and settings?
    My SER is pretty much broken, it runs perfectly for about 20-30 minutes and then fucks up for some unknown reason.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    give me access to vps and i see if i can find out something
    @Sven, I'm happy to have you log into one of my VPS's as well. I can wait until one is stuck and let you have it when it's stuck. Add me on Skype and I'll give you access when you're ready for it. Skype: BrandonHopkins
  • When I logged into server this morning SER was Frozen at 2 threads. Nothing was processing. There were still large number of target URLs to process.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    This just happend to me also. Sent in a bug report.
    I've been testing with 9.20, 9.21, and 9.22 but seems they all do it the same. @Sven let me know if you want VPS access.
    @jpvr90 @Trevor_Bandura @ptr22 do you guys all use Spamvilla? Just trying to find something in common if we're all experiencing the same thing.
  • @Brandon I do. Have you tried to uncheck SpamVilla to see if it helps?
    edited November 2014
    @ptr22 I haven't tried it without spamvilla, just trying to find out why it's just some of us. I just disabled Spamvilla on 3 servers and we'll see how that goes.
    One of my servers is stuck even though I disabled Spamvilla so it doesn't look like that was the cause.

@jpvr90 @Trevor_Bandura @ptr22 Do you guys use BuyProxies.org? Import Site Lists from .txt files?

Just trying to find commonalities.
  • no to both questions for me.

this specific issue isnt a frequent occurrence for me though.
    edited November 2014
    @jpvr90 anything else you can think of that you do that might not be done by everyone?

I run a lot of servers, but I have this problem about 10 times per day across a bunch of different servers. There is one server that is almost always happens on, and the others are not as consistent.

I wonder if it could be a specific platform. I use the same platforms across all of the stuff I do.
    To me it seems to happen when a project is in verification mode and I press the stop button.
    @trevor_bandura It happens to me automatically while campaigns are running. It might have something to do with verifications, but I don't interfere at all. I've tried the scheduler and running 1 campaign and running 25 campaigns. Can't seem to find a common theme yet.
    @Brandon So you log in to your server and SER is not doing anything but it's showing active threads?

Not sure I understand your last comment.
    @trevor_bandura Take a look at this.

@Brandon So SER has just completely froze. Ya I have not had that before at all.

But I see your using windows 2012 R2. I think that might be the problem. I just had a server built with that and had nothing but connection problems today. Getting it re-built with 2012. If I had to place money on it, I think it's actually windows 2012 R2 thats the problem.
    @Trevor_Bandura it doesn't freeze, the threads get stuck, I can still do everything except make the campaigns inactive. I can stop them but they say "stopping" forever and nothing actually happens.

I wish it were as easy as the server. I have a bunch of 2008 installs and they do the exact same thing. Multiple hosting providers. A bunch of VPS's and a couple of dedi's. All the same.
  • If you are using same verified lists between all machines then it could be a specific website url in your list that is causing this.
    @jpvr90 I thought that too. And I do use the same list across multiple machines. This is a very likely situation. The way I create my lists is to delete all of my verifieds, import scraped sites and let the reverifed populate. This gives me a new verifieds folder every week.
  • @Brandon @jpvr90 do you use 1linklist verified lists?
    I had this happen to me again today, but it only happens when I click the stop button, not when SER is running.
    @ptr22 I create my own lists.

@Trevor_Bandura I haven't checked my servers in a few hours and I typically expect 2-4 to be stuck. In the morning when they've been running overnight, I expect about 25-50% to be stuck.
    @Brandon Man that sucks big time.

I'm running a new version of SER on a new dedi right now and so far no problems at all on this setup.

Who are you using for proxies? BuyProxies?
    @trevor_bandura Ya, I have 500 semi dedicated from buyproxies. I have 3 different server companies and the same problem across all three.
    the server i've had problems on also use BuyProxies. I'm using different proxies on my new server so will let you know if I have the same problem there.

Maybe it's a proxy problem. SER is waiting to receive something back from the proxy and instead of timing it out and closing the thread, it ends up in limbo just waiting.
    @trevor_bandura Maybe...

@jpvr90 @ptr22 Who do you use for proxies? Semi or dedicated?
  • I use 100 semi buyproxies + 35 from other provider
    edited November 2014
    @Sven any luck on figuring this out? I lowered my threads by half, but still got problems. I'm happy to let you look at as many servers as you would like. I'll send you a username and pass if you would like.