Skip to content

Question about Tier Linking

edited October 2014 in Need Help
Hello everyone,

I'm new, but working hard to get over the learning curve.  I've got a couple questions about the most effective link building strategy.  

I have started my campaign by manually building tier 1 links.  I know this can be done through GSA, but I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to tier 1.

My tier 1 includes:

Web 2.0 (mostly Tumblr and Wordpress) *I post my own articles/images/videos and mix linking.
PBN:  My private blog network consists of hosted WP sites, private forums, private Q&A sites, a couple video sites.

I have built about 200 tier 1 sites; 150 web 2.0 and 50 PBN.  *I add new tier 1 sites daily.

Now I have fed all of this into GSA and I'm using SEREngines and posting to PR3+ sites.  I studied a lot regarding tier 2 settings for GSA and made a lot of modifications to this campaign, so I think it is correct.

I'm pretty much running GSA 24/7 and adding new tier 1 sites to the list as I go.

Next is the tier 3 campaign.  And here's where my question is..  From my list of verified links from GSA it appears that they are a bit spammy.  Lots of 'redirect only', comment posts, etc.  Some are very good, but many are just spam links.  

QUESTION 1:
When I start my tier 3 campaign am I supposed to build backlinks to those spammy tier 2 links created by GSA?  It seems odd to work on building links to these sites.

QUESTION 2:
I am considering using Scrapebox to build more backlinks to my tier 1.  Basically I would run GSA 24/7 to link my tier 1 while also running scrapebox.  Is this a bad idea?

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I want to make sure I am not killing my money site and wasting time in the process lol.

Thanks!

Comments

• You've got to think of how it would happen naturally and only build links to those links

e.g. Would a blog comment or a forum profile get backlinks normally?

Basically you should only be building links to your contextuals
  • As above, but also keep in mind that you only want to build enough links to them to power them up sufficiently, and not so many that you kill them.
  • @2Take2 So basically what you're saying is, to start off with a low link velocity on the T1's and see over a period of time how the money site reacts to it in the SERPs and either keep it consistent or increase it if necessary?
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    Too many links to your tier 1's too fast and you will deem those tier 1's useless for a least a few months, until they recover from the spam you've put them through, treat your tier 1's like you would your money site when building links to them.

If you've built tier 1 links on authoritative websites, this will allow you to spam way more links (tier 2's) in a shorter period of time as the authority of the website provides much more resilience.
  • Nope, that wasn't what I was saying, but there's no reason why you couldn't adopt that approach though.

I was suggesting that building a 1-10 ratio tiered structure might not be as effective as building a 1-100, or even a 1-1000. You could probably build that amount of links in a day, or spread it out a bit, it's up to you and the resources that you've got.

Or to put it another way, not enough tier 2 links will have little or no effect, and too many will sometimes kill the page's ranking power. At least that's what I've observed anyway.