Skip to content

Duplicate Verified Bookmarks

edited January 2013 in Bugs
I tried searching for this topic as I thought for sure someone would have mentioned it already, but I didn't find anything.

There are quite a few duplicates in pligg bookmarks verified list. These typically tend to be the profile page for the user as well as the actual bookmark. Although sometimes it is the user page and the upcoming.php page that still sneaks into the verified list. I'm finding these dups to make up 30% of the verified list so it's a real issue. I can filter them out in scrapebox of course but it seems that should be handled by SER during the verification process. Typically I don't want the profile page unless SER wasn't able to retrieve the actual story URL, in which case the profile page is better than the upcoming.php page. Is there a way to get prevent these dups?

While we are discussing upcoming.php, I know there was a thread on this the other day and the most recent update (4.88) included "improved detail-url-search" which I think is meant to cut down on the upcoming.php links making there way in. I'm still getting quite a few though so I was hoping to try to tweak this setting myself but I'm not sure where "detail-url-search" is located. Any direction would be appreciated.

Lastly, while investigating Pligg.ini I found a typo on line 112, type=extarct (should be type=extract).

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Oh thanks for finding the typo. I fixed it now for upcoming version. The dupes are just displayed in the verified URLs list but get not stored to the project as dupes. The rest is just a task for me to improve the detail-url-search. Thats no function or option but internally done for each verified URL the program finds (unless not allowed by the engine).
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Here's another type I recently found: Shows in all the logs.

000/000 [Page END] results on google for Compeditor with query

• Thanks for the response Sven. What does it mean to say they are not stored to the project as dupes? When I click "show URL's - Verified" the dupes are there. I'm grabbing links for tiered building via the project files on disk so having it de-duped there would be optimal. 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You see the same URL in verified URLs list?
  • Well, not the exact same URL, but the same domain. Like the bookmark users profile page and the page for the posted story.
  • is this a tiered 2 project which is pointing to different tier 1 links?
  • edited January 2013
    Well I'm building tiered links to these verified links, but using another application. I pull the verified links from the appropriate project file in the GSA appdata folder on disk and store them internally in my own database. But it's the same list showing when clicking "show URL's - Verified". I don't know if the filter Sven mentioned is internal to the logic of the Tiered link building within the app, but it would be great to filter these out in the verified list.
  • Ozz, I just realized I may have read your question wrong. I think the answer you are looking for is, no. The project creating these bookmarks is pointing to a specific URL and is a standalone T1 project.
  • k, i just thought this could be the reason. 

i know you are a very experienced user, but sometimes its best to ask a silly question :)